Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rios-Alvarado Rematch Finalized For March 30 in Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rios-Alvarado Rematch Finalized For March 30 in Las Vegas

A second war is coming. Top Rank has announced that a junior welterweight rematch between Brandon Rios and Mike Alvarado will take place on March 30th at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. HBO will televise. The first meeting took place last October at Los Angeles' Home Depot Center and saw Rios (31-0-1, 23 KOs) stop Alvarado in the seventh round of a classic.

[Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 01-30-2013, 06:56 PM.

I think this next one will be even better than the 1st.

& it can go either way.

Comment

I loved this fight the first time round, but Im not that fussed about seeing it again.

Rios only has a few fights left before he's completely shot and I would have rather seen him in with some others.It will be a good fight no doubt though

WAR BAM BAM

Comment

Can't complain. I expect Alvarado to box more this time around but will still get buried late in the fight.

Comment

yay I guesss.... I agree with Alvarado being more weary... but Rios will still get the win, decision or KO

Comment

I dont understand rematches that need no rematches, yes the fight was great first time around but that is done already. This is clearly a product of bob arum lack of opponents for Rios so he has no choice but to rematch them. This time around at least make it a 12 rounder.

Comment

great news,cant wait already

Comment

Have a feeling Alvarado will pull a running man, and get jab happy.

Comment

Originally posted by .Boxeo. View Post
                  I dont understand rematches that need no rematches, yes the fight was great first time around but that is done already. This is clearly a product of bob arum lack of opponents for Rios so he has no choice but to rematch them. This time around at least make it a 12 rounder.
                  I agree with this^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by .Boxeo. View Post
                    It's supposed to be for the WBO title this time.

I think Alvarado will fight a smarter fight this time and get a close victory, setting up a trilogy.

Comment

Working...
                    X