Knicks to likely pass on Jeremy Lin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man lin really cashed out on a good 20 games

Comment

bad career move to go to houston. unless he likes sitting at home in the playoffs.

Comment

Rumor is Lin has a big head thinks he is a superstar now,funny considering he got schooled by Mario Chalmers smart move by the Knicks Felton is a good fit.

Comment

I just never understood the kid's hype in the first place, dude was alright but he's not a top tier pg in the league period. And also him winning breakout athlete at the espys is ridiculus, over rg3 "heisman winner", anthony davis "player of the year, national champ and mvp of the final 4" and The gronk "who shattered the mold as a TE and a funny as dude that can't dance lol". That was ESPN spinning there damn hype wheels again

Comment

can't wait when knicks-rox play.. hope lin do what nash did when mavericks denied him an extension..

Comment

Originally posted by lebrick View Post
              can't wait when knicks-rox play.. hope lin do what nash did when mavericks denied him an extension..
              Lin sucks if Mario Chalmers schools you your not very good.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                Lin sucks if Mario Chalmers schools you your not very good.
                i'll reserve my judgment.. whe knicks play the heat, it was mostly lebron and wade taking turns on him..

Comment

Originally posted by freeloada View Post
                  Why pay Lin all that money when he's not completely proven.. dude hasnt even played a full year and last time i checked he's coming off an injury so who knows hows he's playing now.. Ive been a Knicks fan all my life but all real Knick fans know hes not worth that much money... Neither was Landry Fields... You all have to look at the bigger picture.. There's a reason that Chris Paul hasn't signed a contract extension... the ridiculous money they would have given to Lin can go to Paul who would most likely head to NY after his stint with the Clippers.. The knicks are loading up on old talent who they know can easily be gotten rid of when the time comes to offer Paul his new contract... just my 2 cents...
                  Because the value of the Knicks franchise and the revenue Linsanity brought in is about 5x what they were going to have to pay him for 3 years. A Lin averaging what he did last year would've made the Knicks a daily headliner in the national media (i.e. Sportscenter) instead of having to wait until the Knicks implode or are actually good for there to be Knicks highlights.

If the Knicks were trying to keep their salary cap at a certain point to where they can sign Paul out of Free Agency, they wouldn't have signed the players they have this offseason (Kidd and Felton) for multiple years because that locks them in for those years removing the little flexibility they had (the reason why the Mavericks are refusing to sign players to multiple year deals (signed Kaman for 1 year)). Also, they'd have to amnesty or trade Carmelo, Chandler, or Amar'e (and unless its like the Joe Johnson trade... nobody's trading for him) for expiring contracts to be able to even think about signing Paul to the max deal he's going to get.

Unless they amnesty or trade one of those 3 for a piece that fits in better or one of the other players on the team emerges as a star (or at least a tradeable piece), the Knicks are going to be stuck with that team for the next few years.

Might as well re-sign Lin, hope he plays well then trade him to the highest bidder if it's not leading to a top tier playoff team. Losing Lin for nothing except what he garnered last year is not the way to go.

Comment

Great move, Lin sucks. However money wise it is a horrible move, like tim tebow, Lin is a cash cow.

Comment

He's a free agent and has the right to look elsewhere and to be honest he's making the right choice. Knicks locker room is toxic, you got players speaking out against Lin's contract offer and tbh Lin is not going to succeed with Carmelo in the team, Amar'e is a prime example of that.

Comment

Working...
                      X