No announcement yet.

Neuroscientist describes her experience with DMT

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neuroscientist describes her experience with DMT

What I find most interesting is how she described the person she was before she had the experience would have never been able to rationalize what happened during and after the trip, that she would probably have classified those types of experiences as hallucinations or people who have them as people with neurological problems.

What people who have never had an out of body experience with a powerful psychedelic don't realize is, that their idea of a physical world and physical reality is absolutely incomplete, once you've really opened your eyes for the first time, that's when you understand there's so much more than what you thought you knew.

Just sounds like a trip to me. Ive known people who have taken just mushrooms and changed their perspective on life. Or smoked weed and resolved some issue they had.
    Sounds good tho.

Comment

Dmt=tbe....

Comment

My acid trip was no bueno. I am not going anywhere near DMT.

Comment

Can taking drugs like dmt **** you up permanently ? Like can you have a bad trip and never recover from it? That is my biggest fear about those type of drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
            My acid trip was no bueno. I am not going anywhere near DMT.
            Please explain

Comment

Originally posted by Genius~ View Post
              What I find most interesting is how she described the person she was before she had the experience would have never been able to rationalize what happened during and after the trip, that she would probably have classified those types of experiences as hallucinations or people who have them as people with neurological problems.

What people who have never had an out of body experience with a powerful psychedelic don't realize is, that their idea of a physical world and physical reality is absolutely incomplete, once you've really opened your eyes for the first time, that's when you understand there's so much more than what you thought you knew.
              No, we don't. Having an incredible experience with DMT or any other hallucinogenic isn't proof of anything. It just shows that the brain is a very complicated thing, and there's no doubt we see what we want to see.

It's the reason some people have bad trips. We tend to only hear about the good one's but some people have been as negatively affected as positively. Mood is a big thing in taking these drugs, because if you are in a bad state of mind, you will see something horrific.

I really want to try this, I been doing the floating tanks and love them. Now I want to try this and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                No, we don't. Having an incredible experience with DMT or any other hallucinogenic isn't proof of anything. It just shows that the brain is a very complicated thing, and there's no doubt we see what we want to see.

It's the reason some people have bad trips. We tend to only hear about the good one's but some people have been as negatively affected as positively. Mood is a big thing in taking these drugs, because if you are in a bad state of mind, you will see something horrific.

I really want to try this, I been doing the floating tanks and love them. Now I want to try this and see what happens.
                Whats your experience with the floating tanks?

Comment

People try to attach deeper meaning to anything.

The lady in the video wasn't speaking as a neuroscientist, to me she was speaking as someone who was desperately seeking comfort and meaning and she found it with a mind altering chemical where others would find it in religion.

Also, taking DMT doesn't make you a genius.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
                    Whats your experience with the floating tanks?
                    Awesome, I learned it's a skill. Don't expect much at first, and if you have a background in meditation, it's even better.

Now I float for like 2 hrs and it's great.

Comment

Working...
                    X