Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I've been summoned for jury duty

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I wonder about is, if literally everyone is not giving sufficient answers and gets out of jury duty for a trial, and they didn't have anyone who met their standards, what then? Who get to be juror?

Or do they at this point just say 'fuk it' and lower their standards just to get enough people and get it over with?
    Last edited by cupocity303; 01-26-2013, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
      It's stupid that they can choose at all, the fairest way is to have completely random jurors.
      It's a lot like boxing. Bob Arum and Richard Schaefer picking judges.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
        If you had a wreck while drunk you won't be chosen for jury service because you'll have a record, at least that's how it works over here.
        Yea ur actually right my mistake

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post

Or do they at this point just say 'fuk it' and lower their standards just get enough people and get it over with?
          that's basically it. That's why again the system is like boxing and we get these "WTF?!" decisions all the time! Jury full of idiots!

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            do people realize to get out of jury duty you simply don't reply? lol seriously it's the easiest thing in the world to get out of.

That's why our system doesn't work. Only dumb asses go to jury duty!
            Wrong.

It really depends on your State laws, but I know that a lot of States are cracking down on failure to appear for jury duty and that the presiding judge has multiple options if you fail to appear depending on your State law.

You can be summoned to appear in court to explain your failure to appear.

You can have a bench warrant issued for your arrest.

You can be fined up to $250.

You can be incarcerated for a few days.

http://www.legalzoom.com/everyday-la...really-happens

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
              Assuming I decide to go with being dismissed, the question then becomes 'how'?
              Just keep uttering under your breath...They should hang the bastard...they should hang him.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                Wrong.

It really depends on your State laws, but I know that a lot of States are cracking down on failure to appear for jury duty and that the presiding judge has multiple options if you fail to appear depending on your State law.

You can be summoned to appear in court to explain your failure to appear.

You can have a bench warrant issued for your arrest.

You can be fined up to $250.

You can be incarcerated for a few days.

http://www.legalzoom.com/everyday-la...really-happens
                when was the last time you heard of anyone being fined or arrested for not going to jury duty? lol seriously man
                Last edited by ИATAS; 01-26-2013, 08:43 PM.

Comment

I thought Natas meant don't reply to the questions by the lawyers.

Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                    Just keep uttering under your breath...They should hang the bastard...they should hang him.
                    Just randomly do a Rick Flair woooooooooo while being asked questions. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by sigrab View Post
                      I thought Natas meant don't reply to the questions by the lawyers.

Haha.
                      haha nah seriously when you get get the letter in the mail simply throw it away. Nothing will happen!

Comment

Working...
                      X