No announcement yet.

winner of chagaev vs povetkin has 90 days to defend vs rahman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    The WBA is the worst sanctioning organization.

Hasim Rahman is not in the Ring top 10 or BoxRec top 40.

He has done NOTHING to deserve to be mandatory.
    Let's not forget Stiverne being Vitali's mandatory thanks to his amazing win over 40 year old Austin who was schooling him. Fuking Don King.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
      Let's not forget Stiverne being Vitali's mandatory thanks to his amazing win over 40 year old Austin who was schooling him. Fuking Don King.

It's pathetic and a major reason the division blows. Boycott the ABC orgs and fight only the top guys ranked by The Ring. Fighters save sanctioning fee's and the sport benefits from increased credibility which in turn widens its fan base. Top fighters need to stop taking the easy route down alphabet lane and start sealing their legacies with the best available fight
      s.

Comment

The WBA is a joke! At least guys like stiverne,welliver, Barrett(after winning 2 belts off Tia)who are not legit top 10 guys won multiple regional titles to increase their organizational rankings. What has Rahman done? He is living off his former champion status.He has no regional belts to have earned a high WBA ranking.
        Last edited by joe strong; 08-27-2011, 05:47 AM.

Comment

I could use a link to this fight later. I got rid of my tv & stereo(need newer stuff)so I don't even know if I could of watched it on PPV or superchannel

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

It's pathetic and a major reason the division blows. Boycott the ABC orgs and fight only the top guys ranked by The Ring. Fighters save sanctioning fee's and the sport benefits from increased credibility which in turn widens its fan base. Top fighters need to stop taking the easy route down alphabet lane and start sealing their legacies with the best available fight
            s.
            Completely agree but the sport is a business & if povetkin can make 3 defences vs welliver, stiverne & Rahman or fight wlad(who would have Sasha again as mandatory),you know the 3 fights will bring Sasha a nice sum of money or he could fight wlad & if he loses then his purses will get smaller. Sauerland always gets his guys a few "soft" defences. Look at valuev as an example...

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

s.
              I'm pretty ignorant of the politics of boxing or matchmaking, and I don't know what sorts of benefits a fighter gets from holding an 'official' title, but they need to weigh out the pros and cons of holding or fighting for one, because the majority of these belts mean nothing to the boxing public. There is most certainly no prestige to be had for the winner of the Chagaev/Povetkin fight, only large sanctioning fees, from my perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                The WBA is a joke! At least guys like stiverne,welliver, Barrett(after winning 2 belts off Tia)who are not legit top 10 guys won multiple regional titles to increase their organizational rankings. What has Rahman done? He is living off his former champion status.He has no regional belts to have earned a high WBA ranking.
                I'd honestly consider Welliver a better fighter than Rahman at this point. Rahman is so far gone he's in danger of becoming green again.

Comment

Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
                  I'd honestly consider Welliver a better fighter than Rahman at this point. Rahman is so far gone he's in danger of becoming green again.
                  the WBA is the recycle sanctioning organization.it has been for years.ruiz, holyfield, valuev,chagaev,meehan,rahman... almost all these guys at one point or another has been with don king. don king owns the WBA...he has made the organizations so much money over the years you know he will always have the ears of anyone important.

Comment

No love for my man Hasbeen Rahman on here? Jeez.

Comment

Boxingscene reported earlier today that Povetkin might face Evander Holyfield in December for the WBA reg title. Maybe the WBA will allow Povetkin to take a optional defense before his mandatory.

Comment

Working...
                      X