Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miranda: "Taylor's a Terrible Fighter"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taylor has fought the best middleweights and has had close fights with them, he is 26-0-1, 3-0-1 agianst the best middleweights there are today and Miranda lost to AA who Taylor would beat easy. i see Taylor has yet to prove himself even though he has never ducked anyone and has NEVER lost a pro fight and wont anytime soon

Comment

I'd love to see a Taylor-MIranda. The sooner, the better.

I may be the only one who did (I doubt it), but I saw both Hopkins-Taylor as a loss for Hopkins more than a victory for Taylor. As I recall, Hop's relative inactivity in the early to middle rounds made him lose; not really anything Taylor did that made him win the fight. This is not saying Hopkins was robbed. All this is saying is that Hopkins appeared to have calculated his moves too much and when one does that one runs out of time to do what one thinks one must do.

I do not dislike Taylor; I am one who sees him as a good person and tough to dislike. I am however unconvinced about his dominance and his being the best middleweight today. If he is, the Winky encounter shows that, at best, he is barely so.

Moreover, fighting an Ouma, then winning in the manner that he did, does not help persuade many to his cause.

This is not meant to get on Taylor's case or be harsh on him, but there have been 4 fights and none of his performances has managed to generate too much enthusiasm for him. What these performances did was raise more questions than answers.

I hope he fights Miranda and Calzaghe. Then, maybe...
      Last edited by grayfist; 12-13-2006, 11:29 PM.

Comment

to say Taylor is a terrible fighter is a joke! But he is far from as good as many people give him credit. A lot of people site his last 4 fights and quality of opponents as a sign of his p4p status but a legitimate case can be made in both Hopkins fights that he was beaten by a Bernard Hopkins who was and is at the end of a great career, and who maybe even overstayed his physical welcome at 160 after looking very strong and energized at Lt hvy. Winky Wright, well like Ouma Winky should probably be fighting at 154 and although he held a convincing win over Tito at 160, also not a true middleweight, to say he is one of the best middleweights I think is more a reflection of a lack of true, great middlewewights in this era. Its ridiculous to say Taylor is terrible but no way imo should he be a p4p guy.

Comment

Working...
        X