Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or this one?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
      Both Bjorn and Ivar led incredible lives...Bjorn was an incredible traveler and raided from Morrocco, to France, Italy and even Egypt!

Ivar basically just grabbed slaves, killed and tortured Christians and got angry at his limp dick.
      Originally posted by Sadio Mane View Post
      Ffs Muzzies got to this tv show also..

Religion of peace be peaceful when Vikings attack
      Originally posted by Sadio Mane View Post
      I'll be pissed if they kill that Viking Godess Lagertha.. hnnng
      Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
      I saw they went full kangz for the Spaniards.
      Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
      You mean this one?

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
      Or this one?

im just disappointed that even the vikings and history channel had to succumb to cultural liberal Marxism;

-they turned lagertha into a lesbian. because the gay quota has to be met in hollywood.

PUSH PUSH PUSH THAT GAY AGENDA.

-portraying muslims as peaceful and not fighting back when floki came in and the other two viking crazies king harald came...

floki hated chrisitians but now he's loving to muslims????

why do they have to do this????

what evidence do they have that lagertha is a lesbian?

and floki's "loving" actions to muslims is a direct antithesis to his series persona as a devout pagan/viking spirit....

its the same thing with game of thrones.

that penis shot, the incest....stuf that wasnt in the books but somehow ended up on the show.

this **** has to stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ragnar Lothbrok View Post
        Does anybody freaking realize how great this show is? I downloaded the first episode just to give it a chance since i heard a lot of good chatter and looked up the ratings on some sites and it always scored well.

It didnt take long for me to stop watching the first episode so i can download the rest of the seasons....

Its an absolute masterpiece.

I swear to you, as a die hard game of thrones fan, IT RIVALS IT. I dont say that with any exaggeration at all.

It is a historical dram series set in the 700 AD about a Viking and his brother and family as he sets to become a viking king.

First class production value
        First class acting
        First class script
        First class battle scenes
        First class cinematography
        First class casting calls all around.

Its basically the real life game of thrones minus the dragons. It is anchored by a very charismatic lead and augmented with excellent supporting cast. Every episode is dynamic and memorable and the violence is surprisingly brutal for a regular network cable show not given the uncensored reign of premium cable networks like showtime or hbo.

Its a more streamlined version of game of thrones, complete with political battles as well as the Vikings raping and pillaging in action with likable and attractive characters of both sexes. I was shocked at how such a masterclass of a show that has half the hype of thrones and half the fanbase of a tepid and vapid show like the Walking Dead got no love around here.

I urge all of you fans of Game of Thrones to check this hidden gem of a show.

Trust me,

You wont be disappointed.
        It's pretty great, admittedly I just got into it 2 weeks ago and have been looking for you as a poster to discuss it with, but it looks like you're banned.

I definitely wouldn't call it "the greatest", not of all time anyway, but I wouldn't argue that it's the best show out now.

I am really into both warfare, and history, so anything that combines the two (Braveheart) I get really into.

I couldn't get through one episode through that trendy crap GOT, but I'm all over this, caught up over the last few weeks and the next episode is today I think.

I have an extremely high standard when it comes to shows, won't give my time to just any one, so I think when I cosign a show it's worth giving a shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
          im just disappointed that even the vikings and history channel had to succumb to cultural liberal Marxism;

-they turned lagertha into a lesbian. because the gay quota has to be met in hollywood.

PUSH PUSH PUSH THAT GAY AGENDA.

-portraying muslims as peaceful and not fighting back when floki came in and the other two viking crazies king harald came...

floki hated chrisitians but now he's loving to muslims????

why do they have to do this????

what evidence do they have that lagertha is a lesbian?

and floki's "loving" actions to muslims is a direct antithesis to his series persona as a devout pagan/viking spirit....

its the same thing with game of thrones.

that penis shot, the incest....stuf that wasnt in the books but somehow ended up on the show.

this **** has to stop.
          With Floki i took it as he might have respected how strong there faith was when they were in there trance compared to the Christians who were running sacred for there lives, also Floki might have thought he would anger some kind of god if he killed in a religious place like when they failed Paris after he killed Ragnars priest friend. I hope that's the reason i really don't want to beilive they are pushing a pc agenda because this show is really good. But the Lagertha lesbian story line i have no clue what they were thinking, in fact her whole story line and taking the thorn is weak. either way the great heathen army is about to be formed with Ivar and his brothers destroying and taking England.

Comment

• First episode without Ragnar (somewhat). It was great. No worries moving forward now.

Comment

• Looking forward to a time jump where the Sons of Ragnar were about to unleash hell

Comment

• The best part of that episode was Ragnar's voice. The show is finished without him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                  You mean this one?

Yes

Hnnnnggg

Comment

• I wonder if Ivor will gain the use of his legs. In other depictions (according to wiki) he has been used as being almost without bones but that was in the liquid way he moved.

It is hard to see him becoming particularly powerful without being able to kill Lagertha but in a legitimate non-sneaky way. I don't want to see him coming slithering into her room and killing her in her sleep or such like. I suppose it would make him more despicable but pretty much anyone else would find him and kill him pretty much instantly in response.

In reality he would need something else other than just his cunning and anger to intimidate anyone. Unless he is going to gain admiration of other Vikings for doing something good. Which doesn't seem to be his MO.

I am interested in him now.
                    Last edited by Sparked_26; 01-06-2017, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                      I wonder if Ivor will gain the use of his legs. In other depictions (according to wiki) he has been used as being almost without bones but that was in the liquid way he moved.

It is hard to see him becoming particularly powerful without being able to kill Lagertha but in a legitimate non-sneaky way. I don't want to see him coming slithering into her room and killing her in her sleep or such like. I suppose it would make him more despicable but pretty much anyone else would find him and kill him pretty much instantly in response.

In reality he would need something else other than just his cunning and anger to intimidate anyone. Unless he is going to gain admiration of other Vikings for doing something good. Which doesn't seem to be his MO.

I am interested in him now.
                      There is an interesting show that follows the Vikings episodes that has experts on Viking history and archaeology. One expert mentioned that the Latin word for "despicable" and "boneless" are very close, so it's possible that sometime during translations the words became interchanged. There is no other written evidence that Ivar was crippled. I believe that Michael Hirst has made the character a cripple just to be interesting.

I don't think Ivar could have led the Great Pagan Army by crawling around on the floor. It may become more and more difficult o believe once he starts the invasion. In any case, Viking children born with deformities were killed/left to die, and yes the show has Ragnar showing compassion to the child but there is very little chance in real life this would have happened. Little Ivar would have been wolf dinner.

Comment

Working...
                      X