Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Hits Back at Critics of His Opponent Wawrzyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bboy80 View Post
    Pretty much lol. Now I wouldnt of expected Briggs to win, but he'd certainly have a better chance then Wawrzyk.
    Likewise. There's zero value in fighting Wawrzyk, from both a PR and a development perspective. Briggs would at least bring SOMETHING to the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      nah youre right. its not wilders fault, its never wilders fault. Its not his fault he hasnt fought a guy with a pulse in 37 or so fights. Its not his fault that joshua after less than 20 fights has took on an opponent harder than wilders ever fought. IM sure there has never been an opportunity for wilder in his career to fight someone better than stiverne/ This polish guy who povetkin beat the crap out of is probably the best fighter there is available, everyones too scared to fight wilder, he just looks so damn polished and classy in the ring, its not as if someone like eric molina had him doing the stanky leg.
      Yeah he hasnt fought nobody : Liakhovich, Stiverne, Scott, Molina, Duahuapas, Szpilka dont have any credibility...five bums in that list, beat three of them in less than than six month apart when he 'Won' the WBC title from the '#6.' ranked fighter in the world...*wink* just to play the part when he said he wanted to be a active champion...right before 'pulling out' from fighting Povetkin....even tho Alexander decided to 'defend' his WBC Silver title instead of fighting Deontay when his mandatory date was due....boy Deontay is lucky Povetkin was generous...then they conspired against the Russian with these false alegations of 'PED' abuse....yep and Deontay is not really hurt...I think they are lying about that too.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
        Yeah he hasnt fought nobody : Liakhovich, Stiverne, Scott, Molina, Duahuapas, Szpilka dont have any credibility...five bums in that list, beat three of them in less than than six month apart when he 'Won' the WBC title from the '#6.' ranked fighter in the world...*wink* just to play the part when he said he wanted to be a active champion...right before 'pulling out' from fighting Povetkin....even tho Alexander decided to 'defend' his WBC Silver title instead of fighting Deontay when his mandatory date was due....boy Deontay is lucky Povetkin was generous...then they conspired against the Russian with these false alegations of 'PED' abuse....yep and Deontay is not really hurt...I think they are lying about that too.
        bum, b level, bum, bum, bum and bum

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
          Likewise. There's zero value in fighting Wawrzyk, from both a PR and a development perspective. Briggs would at least bring SOMETHING to the ring.
          I agree, however I do think Briggs is asking for the big $$$ and would probably price himself out "If he was ever asked that is" which I highly doubt. As a fan perspective Id certainly be more likely to tune in with "Lets Go Champ" on board lol.

In reality though for someone whos been a champ for a number of years, and lets face it has had alot of fights now too, He really should be pushing on with some bigger tests. Yes alot of names are tied up, but they could of got someone a bit better in fairness.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
            Let the whore that raised you eat a dick.

AJ's whole career has been tune up fights....you're cool with that for some reason.
            You Fuking **** stain who's talking about AJ.

But since you **** stain brought him up at least hype job AJ is fighting Wlad.m. Wilder doesn't even have that balls to fight Shannon Briggs.

You stupid **** stain.

Comment

Originally posted by bboy80 View Post
              I agree, however I do think Briggs is asking for the big $$$ and would probably price himself out "If he was ever asked that is" which I highly doubt. As a fan perspective Id certainly be more likely to tune in with "Lets Go Champ" on board lol.

In reality though for someone whos been a champ for a number of years, and lets face it has had alot of fights now too, He really should be pushing on with some bigger tests. Yes alot of names are tied up, but they could of got someone a bit better in fairness.
              Hit the nail on the head. Fully recognize that most big names are off the table right now, and this whole Povetkin drama as well..but Wilder has put himself in this position by simply not pushing himself at all. He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt when things don't break his way - the hole he is in (from a respect standpoint) is his own doing.

For all I've spoken about AJ being unproven and having only fought scrubs so far, he's at least stepping up to a big fight. Aged or not, it's Wlad, and it's a litmus test. AJ is about to do what Wilder hasn't, in half as many career fights.

Parker I can lump in there too - impressive or not, he's got 2 wins against quality fighters, in plenty less fights.

It's just a shame watching a belt get paraded around on the waist of someone who has no desire to prove he's worth it. That, and Wilder talking endlessly about unifications..

Comment

Wilder's like that 30 year old hanging out at a high school party, creepin' and ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
                  If Wilder doesn't take on the Joshua/Klitschko winner after this, then respect is zero!!..
                  Dont count on it ,Parker seems to be more interested and Fury and Wlad still have a score to settle . If Joshua wins Wilder wont like that ,and Pulev is a Mandatory after the Joshua /Wlad fight as is Ortiz .

Expect Wilder to fight Whyte in 2017 and then MAYBE Joshua or Fury in 2018 or 2019 with at least another uneccessary voluntary defense in between where he finagles it. But i have doubts Wilder fights Joshua or Wlad in 2017 .

I would like to see Wilder vs Fury first in 2017 .
                  Last edited by juggernaut666; 12-29-2016, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
                    The Khan supporters would likely support Spence over Brook. There is definitely a stronger national feeling in regards to backing our fighters in the UK compared to in the US but SteveM is correct to point out there is plenty of factionalism here too. For one thing the UK is made up of four different nations.

People were giving Jermall Charlo crap for good reason, he was behaving like a child, it was highly embarrassing. You are being really paranoid because Crawford really doesn't get that much criticism. Sure people, myself included, thought he should have tried to stop Postol and there is plenty of reason from other fights not to be overly entertained by his performances. However I don't see him getting any more criticism than he deserves, not like some others get. Few people are saying Crawford is ducking Pacquiao, only the usual morons are saying things like that.

Of course there is an undercurrent amongst some for why those American fighters you listed aren't appreciated but surely the main reason is that there are valid reasons to be underwhelmed by them? Wilder is exciting for a current heavyweight but he isn't fighting anyone in the top 10, and whereas Crawford, Ward and Bradley have been fighting real quality opponents none of those three have majorly exciting styles that most boxing fans can get excited about.
                    There's factionalism in all nations, but it's painful in the US. The four different nations part is so-so valid. Example: Are you telling me British people aren't amped about Frampton's year?

To continuously give Charlo crap is crap. Within 2 minutes, he acknowledged that he messed up, tried to make amends, and apologized. After JRock was talking crap for a year, now Charlo is the childish one. You had one guy on here calling him "ghetto" and a "thug" just because he was amped after getting a career-changing KO. For comparison, Bellew and Haye are calling each other bellends and twats. however, Charlo is childish?

How doesn't Crawford have an exciting style? He gets his opponents out of there when he can. The Postol fight wasn't action packed, but what other fight wasn't Bud throwing? Bradley also puts on a good show. I can understand people not digging Ward's style, but come on. It's not just paranoia. Like I said, it may not be as bad as I perceive it, but if excitement level is equal, Americans most likely aren't going to side with its American boxers and one wrong step will have them in the trash heap.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                      bum, b level, bum, bum, bum and bum
                      Just like GGG's **** resume...

Comment

Working...
                      X