Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why has GGG's career been moved so slowly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because you touch yourself at night

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Bomber View Post
      Which is fine.

But if you accept step aside money, you cannot complain if people find your resume weak. You cannot have it both ways.

And these step-aside fees is exactly what is slowing down GGG's carreer.
      By hoping/waiting to get Cotto or Canelo, they got to a stall point, and as long as they have that mandatory spot, they won't risk a L at 168 either.
      It is what it is.

you seem to think that golovkin can force these guys to fight him if he "really really wants to!"

the delusions in boxing are so f#cking strong. what possibly makes you think this way? i really want to know

golovkin wouldn't turn down a small sanctioning fee to get a chance to beat up one of the biggest stars in boxing and vault himself into a new tax bracket for the rest of his career ? right.

golovkin is the most avoided fighter of the last few years. you've either got an agenda or are deluded if you disagree with that. cotto, martinez, canelo, are some of the bigger draws at or around MW in the past several years. all have blatantly avoided him. blatantly! no other fighter comes close to being that highly avoided. when golovkin was promoted in europe, sturm was one of the biggest MWs on that continent. i don't think they were great fighters [other than joe calzaghe, and martinez, who was prmoted in spain for a long time at at 154,] but many of the top MW and SMW of the last 10 years have been european fighters.

they're not moving to 168 because the fights are tougher, and the big fight is with canelo alvarez, who certainly won't be moving to 168 lbs if he's creating a new weight class at 155 lbs

i am an andre ward fan. lot sof people think i'm some kind of fanboy, and i'm not. he's one of the planet's best boxers, and its' most underrated boxer. a dog loves a bone, so i love andre ward. i love golovkin, too. dude's a breath of fresh air when guys are slicking around the ring and boxing for points. i'm quite impartial about their careers, if you care to read my stuff.

i don't think it's reasonable to move to 168 lbs to chase a fighter who is clearly a 175 lber now [ward.] virtually all of the MWs have either avoided golovkin blatantly, or gotten beat up by him

moved slowly doe.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP. View Post
        Hopkins didn't have 350 amateur fights. His early career was his learning curve.
        he had over 90 amateur fights...record was like 94-5

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
          you seem to think that golovkin can force these guys to fight him if he "really really wants to!"

the delusions in boxing are so f#cking strong. what possibly makes you think this way? i really want to know

golovkin wouldn't turn down a small sanctioning fee to get a chance to beat up one of the biggest stars in boxing and vault himself into a new tax bracket for the rest of his career ? right.

golovkin is the most avoided fighter of the last few years. you've either got an agenda or are deluded if you disagree with that. cotto, martinez, canelo, are some of the bigger draws at or around MW in the past several years. all have blatantly avoided him. blatantly! no other fighter comes close to being that highly avoided. when golovkin was promoted in europe, sturm was one of the biggest MWs on that continent. i don't think they were great fighters [other than joe calzaghe, and martinez, who was prmoted in spain for a long time at at 154,] but many of the top MW and SMW of the last 10 years have been european fighters.

they're not moving to 168 because the fights are tougher, and the big fight is with canelo alvarez, who certainly won't be moving to 168 lbs if he's creating a new weight class at 155 lbs

i am an andre ward fan. lot sof people think i'm some kind of fanboy, and i'm not. he's one of the planet's best boxers, and its' most underrated boxer. a dog loves a bone, so i love andre ward. i love golovkin, too. dude's a breath of fresh air when guys are slicking around the ring and boxing for points. i'm quite impartial about their careers, if you care to read my stuff.

i don't think it's reasonable to move to 168 lbs to chase a fighter who is clearly a 175 lber now [ward.] virtually all of the MWs have either avoided golovkin blatantly, or gotten beat up by him

moved slowly doe.
          Stop making sense, P.

We both know that on NSB you have to be either Bloods or Crips. If you're something in beetwen you're either a weirdo or just DKSAB.

It is what it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post

moved slowly doe.
            I was actually thinking about Ward the other day. Imagine if no one in the champions of the super six wanted to fight him.

Then we'd have a small geeky minority claiiming he should fight someone like Winky Wright (Golovkin's-Lara)

That's essentially where Golovkin has been. Sturm and Martinez as champs shamelessly ran away. The other champs, we know that history.

then people be like, oh why he moved slow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
              He has been pro for 9 going on 10 years and is 33 almost 34

compare that to others and what they achieved in 10 years
              GGG makes money by fighting low caliber opponents so there is no need to move him into more dangerous waters right now. He is just going to be fed weak opponents with no chance to win until the Canelo fight.

Basically, he is personifying the very thing posters complained about for years. Now, they suddenly understand the concept and see the merits of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                GGG makes money by fighting low caliber opponents so there is no need to move him into more dangerous waters right now. He is just going to be fed weak opponents with no chance to win until the Canelo fight.

Basically, he is personifying the very thing posters complained about for years. Now, they suddenly understand the concept and see the merits of it.

Are there really any dangerous waters at all for Golovkin at 160?

Seems to me like the other guys are trying to get out of the pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

who is golovkin avoiding for these "weak opponents?"
                  where are the dangerous waters? you guys gonna make them up again?

you guys gonna try and build lara into a boogeyman again, and tell me golovkin is ducking him? compelling argument, that one.

erislandy lara barely sqeaked by alfredo angulo. he barely sqeaked by alfredo angulo. he was on the ropes and taking body shots against a guy who does nothing better than golovkin.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                    His career is moving fast compared to benard hopkins, who didn't take off til he was 36.
                    Yes I don't see GGG jumping from MW to lhw sorry.... 164 lbs is his limit

Unless ur Chavez Jr or wards leftovers in froch

Comment

• Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                      Are there really any dangerous waters at all for Golovkin at 160?

Seems to me like the other guys are trying to get out of the pool.

he's ducking lara.

or maybe they're alluding to the fact that he won't go to 168 to fight andre ward [who fights at 175 lbs now.]

who knows. it's NSB. these guys are completely delusional.

Comment

Working...
                      X