Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which all time great should not be there?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atomicsad View Post
    Why is Ezzard Charles rated so high? His greates win was against Louis who was far past his prime.
    You don't know shit about boxing. Go do some research and watch some of his old footage, there's a reason why he's regarded as the greatest light heavyweight of all time.

Comment

Which tag should not be there

Very good article on Gatti in the current RING magazine.
      Makes a very strong case for his hall of fame induction.

I'm sold!

Comment

Originally posted by Andyland View Post
        Very good article on Gatti in the current RING magazine.
        Makes a very strong case for his hall of fame induction.

I'm sold!
        Admittedly I haven't read the article, but it can't change the fact that while in his prime Gatti went 0-2 against Ivan Robinson.

Comment

Just to play devils advocate on the Gatti HOF debate.

Could it be argued that Gatti has done more for the sport of boxing then another boxer who hasn't produced so many great fights? I know many people who knew little about boxing but because of those fights became casual boxing fans. That's more that can be said of a guy like Kostya Tsyzu who is the unquestionable better boxer but doesn't have nearly the collection of classic fights?

Comment

Do you mean all time great list or Boxing Hall Of *Cough* FAME. If its The Hall Fame, even promoters and trainers were inducted. Gatti(rip) had a good following and exciting fights. I think he deserves to be there.

Comment

Gatti got into wars with b-level guys. Were those fights thrilling? Of course. But, he got slaughtered when he stepped up to the level where HOFers are truly made.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
                You don't know shit about boxing. Go do some research and watch some of his old footage, there's a reason why he's regarded as the greatest light heavyweight of all time.
                I meant no offense and yes I have not been watching boxing very long. I'm younger than most here.
                I kept hearing about how Charles best win was against Louis and then I looked and seen Louis was far past his best when he retired and then he came out of retirement later and lost to Charles. I didn't know about his fights at light heavyweight.

Comment

Anyways I came in here to learn, not start battles.
                  sorry

Comment

Originally posted by atomicsad View Post
                    I meant no offense and yes I have not been watching boxing very long. I'm younger than most here.
                    I kept hearing about how Charles best win was against Louis and then I looked and seen Louis was far past his best when he retired and then he came out of retirement later and lost to Charles. I didn't know about his fights at light heavyweight.
                    That's fair enough. But in future perhaps you should look into things before making comments like that?

There must be some reasoning behind why he's ranked so highly by most, take a look into his record and watch his fights and then make a judgement. Don't just go off something when you admittedly don't know much about him.

Anyway, Ezzard Charles has one of, arguably the greatest resume in the history of Boxing.

At LHW, he went 3-0 with Top 10 ATG and Top 2 LHW Archie Moore, in his prime.

That itself is an overwhelming accomplishments.

If that's all he had, he'd be considered a great fighter. Just off that alone.

But, it doesn't even almost stop there.

A few years prior, at Middleweight, he went 2-0 with ATG Charley Burley, again, in his prime.

He beat the likes of;

Teddy Yarosz
                    Joey Maxim x5
                    Jimmy Bivins x4
                    Lloyd Marshall x2
                    Gus Lesnenvich
                    Jersey Joe Walcott x2
                    Joe Louis

All across LHW-HW and all were top ranked when he beat them and all are world class, HOF calibur opponents.

He also beat more top ranked, top fighters in;

Rex Layne
                    Oakland Billy Smith
                    Elmer Ray
                    Bob Satterfield

And many more.

His resume is truley one of the best ever.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      That's fair enough. But in future perhaps you should look into things before making comments like that?

There must be some reasoning behind why he's ranked so highly by most, take a look into his record and watch his fights and then make a judgement. Don't just go off something when you admittedly don't know much about him.

Anyway, Ezzard Charles has one of, arguably the greatest resume in the history of Boxing.

At LHW, he went 3-0 with Top 10 ATG and Top 2 LHW Archie Moore, in his prime.

That itself is an overwhelming accomplishments.

If that's all he had, he'd be considered a great fighter. Just off that alone.

But, it doesn't even almost stop there.

A few years prior, at Middleweight, he went 2-0 with ATG Charley Burley, again, in his prime.

He beat the likes of;

Teddy Yarosz
                      Joey Maxim x5
                      Jimmy Bivins x4
                      Lloyd Marshall x2
                      Gus Lesnenvich
                      Jersey Joe Walcott x2
                      Joe Louis

All across LHW-HW and all were top ranked when he beat them and all are world class, HOF calibur opponents.

He also beat more top ranked, top fighters in;

Rex Layne
                      Oakland Billy Smith
                      Elmer Ray
                      Bob Satterfield

And many more.

His resume is truley one of the best ever.
                      I think he has THE best resume ever. SOOOOO underlooked. heres a video analyzing him past prime and he still was good.

Comment

Working...
                      X