No announcement yet.

Angelo Santana vs. Adrien Broner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Well, allow me to help convince you, Santana is faster and punches harder than DeMarco. But that's not necessarily enough. Broner is pretty much a finished product, and he might even get better. Angelo, while impressive, is still a work-in-progress. One of the things I like about Santana is that he shows good movement. That could trouble Adrien if they ever meet.
    We can attest to that after the fact... DeMarco was being praise rather highly around here before the schooling.

I'm still high on both of their (Santana, Broner)performances. Looking forward to both of them.
    Last edited by damit305; 11-19-2012, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
      Well said, agree 100%. Santana is great, but a little raw, while Broner looks polished as hell.

For Broner, this was the turnaround performance for me as far as making me a fan. Enough has been said about his fighting ability and defense, but even the few Demarco punches he took he shook off easily. Very complete performance by AB, and classy behaviour all around after the fight.
      Broner looked great, didn't he? I can't overstate how impressed I was by his last performance. If Adrien fought like that against Ponce De Leon (an outing I criticized him for), the bout wouldn't have seen the final bell either. I'm sold. "The Problem" is no hype-job. I want to see this kid against the best at 135 and 140. And the good thing is, he seems to want it!

Comment

Broner looked great, didn't he? I can't overstate how impressed I was by his last performance. If Adrien fought like that against Ponce De Leon (an outing I criticized him for), the bout wouldn't have seen the final bell either. I'm sold. "The Problem" is no hype-job. I want to see this kid against the best at 135 and 140. And the good thing is, he seems to want it!
        Many around these ways have been criticizing him for a few bad outings. Remember your only as good as your last fight. Broner give it to me AGAIN!!

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
          We can attest to that after the fact... DeMarco was being praise rather highly around here before the schooling.

I'm still high on both of their (Santana, Broner)performances. Looking forward to both of them.
          Hindsight is 20/20.

I picked Broner to win (along with most others), but I couldn't have imagined the way he absolutely dominated...and the way he chose to fight. The kid is damn good. Damn good.

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
            Many around these ways have been criticizing him for a few bad outings. Remember your only as good as your last fight. Broner give it to me AGAIN!!
            lol You're right. I'll tell you, though, that DeMarco fight was no fluke. You can't fake what Broner did. He was something like out of "The Matrix" in there.

Comment

Hindsight is 20/20.

I picked Broner to win (along with most others), but I couldn't have imagined the way he absolutely dominated...and the way he chose to fight. The kid is damn good. Damn good.
              Can't argue with this. Broner is good, but as good as you are making him sound... HE BETTER GIVE IT TO ME AGAIN... lol

Comment

lol You're right. I'll tell you, though, that DeMarco fight was no fluke. You can't fake what Broner did. He was something like out of "The Matrix" in there.
                Not to change the subject but Santana is like Montana: I Take your F-cken Bullet!!

Comment

I would love to believe that my Cuban boy can hang with Broner, but I don't. Santana is still in the prospect stage, while Adrien is a legitimate champion. Angelo destroyed a decent club fighter on Friday. Broner demolished a bona-fide champ on Saturday. Santana impressed me, but Adrien impressed me more. If these two were to fight soon, there'd be no contest. Broner takes it. Truthfully, I don't know if Angelo will ever be ready for "The Problem." Adrien is looking like the real deal to me.
                  Exactly Angelo is being moved along nicely this talk off Broners or Uchiyamas is way too soon id like too see him fight Ji Hoon Kim

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
                    Exactly Angelo is being moved along nicely this talk off Broners or Uchiyamas is way too soon id like too see him fight Ji Hoon Kim
                    Nice choice. Kim is a fringe contender who's good but manageable. He had a couple of back-to-back losses not too long ago, but has strung together some recent wins. Ji-Hoon reminds me a little of Orlando Salido in that he didn't have any amateur fights, so most of his losses came early in his career. Both Kim and Santana are aggressive fighters, so there should be some action.

(Ji-Hoon's next bout is against Raymundo Beltran on December 6 in Las Vegas.)

Comment

Nice choice. Kim is a fringe contender who's good but manageable. He had a couple of back-to-back losses not too long ago, but has strung together some recent wins. Ji-Hoon reminds me a little of Orlando Salido in that he didn't have any amateur fights, so most of his losses came early in his career. Both Kim and Santana are aggressive fighters, so there should be some action.

(Ji-Hoon's next bout is against Raymundo Beltran on December 6 in Las Vegas.)
                      Ya very much like Salido had too learn on the job Angelo has moved up too a decent level off fighters in his last two fights and i think Kim is another small step up again.Also Kim is very tough is very hard too hurt so it would be good for Angelo too have a guy who won't back down from him throws alot shots most the time they are arm punches but he just keeps working and make him work for the stoppage or just the win a little harder.After saying all that the Beltran fight is very loseable for Kim

Comment

Working...
                      X