No announcement yet.

who rans higher as a ATG Floyd or Pernell Whitaker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Are you going to respond to this stupid ****ing logic being de bunked.
    Fact: Mayweather has, or will, have beaten more champs. 1-0 Mayweather.

Fact: Mosley, Hatton, Marquez and Corrales were P4P. That's 4 to only 3 to Whitaker. 2-0 Floyd.

Fact: Whitaker doesnt actually hold a win over Chavez. 3-0 Floyd.

Fact: that makes fact 2 4 to only 2 for Whitaker cause he only has a draw against Chavez. 4-0 Floyd.

Fact: Mayweather has titles in more divisions. 5-0 Floyd.

Fact: Mayweather beat Oscar and Whitaker lost to Oscar. 6-0 Mayweather.

Fact: Nelson got beat by Hernandez and Mayweather beat Hernandez. 7-0 Mayweather.

Fact: Whitaker got knocked down against Roger Mayweather and Floyd is greater than Roger, so that means Mayweather would knock Whitaker out. 8-0 Mayweather.

Fact: Mosley was number 3 pound for pound, which is higher than anyone Whitaker ever beat. Whitaker didn't beat Chavez. 9-0 Floyd.

Fact: Mayweather is winning this 9-0. 10-0 Floyd.

Fact: This 10-0 factual poll is proof that Maywather is better.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Yeah I agree.

But I do think that win has become underrated since it's happened.

Besides, everyone was asking for it, everyone was saying Mayweather was ducking him and everyone said it Mayweather's wins he gets full credit.

After the fight? Not so much.

But I agree P4P #3 was a little high but I'm just saying that's where he was ranked worldwide, across the board.
      No. I think it's actually a really good win. Mosley had something left. Not much at all, but something. I think the showings after it showed where he was more so than his win over Marg.

I can't look past losing to Cotto, having that awful showing against Mayorga, which afterward everyone said Mosley as shot from, having one great win, then losing four or whatever fights in a row.

It's a bit like PAC beating Morales. It was good, but you could clearly see Morales was just done. Raheem had beaten him worse than Pac, despite Pac getting the stoppage. Mosley would go on to lose basically every fight after to now, as would Morales. If that's not a near shot fighter, and especially from where they had come, what is?

So, who the hell is this Jofre bum? You didn't answer!

Comment

• Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
        You bet your damn ass he is.
        I'm pretty sure he meant Ray Leonard.

Comment

• Pac world champs defeated.

Sasakul
          Ledwaba
          Barrera
          Marquez(2x)
          Mosley
          Margarito
          Cotto
          Hatton
          Diaz
          Clottey
          De la Hoya
          Larios
          Julio
          Morales(2x)

That's 14 World champions

Leonard World champs defeated

Muņiz
          Benitez
          Duran(2x)
          Hearns(2x)
          Kalule
          Hagler
          Lalonde

That's 7 World champs.

On paper Pac has beaten double the World champs than Leonard has.

P4P ranked fighters that Pac defeated.(ring magazine.

Barrera
          Morales
          Marquez
          Cotto

Leonard defeated (KO magazine)

Benitez
          Duran
          Hearns
          Hagler

Pac title fights wins equals 15.

Leonard title fights wins equals 11.

Not counting lineal championships, and divisional titles.

This proves on paper. That Pac is greater than Leonard.

So therefor in reality it's close.
          To add more facts on paper as to why Pac is a greater fighter than Leonard

Is because Pac longevity and accomplishments>>>>>>>>>>>Leonard.

Leonard was an elite fighter for what? 6 or 7 years? Pac is going on 9 years.

When Leonard was 30yrs old he hadn't won a fight in 2 years, and was doing cocaine. While Pac at 30yrs old was winning 4th lineal championship in dominating 2 round performance, and also destroying P4P level fighter.

So add these facts on paper. And you would see that Pac is greater than Leonard.

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            I'm pretty sure he meant Ray Leonard.
            I should just give him a red K for writing Oscar name instead of Leonard.

Comment

• Damn this thread is terrible.......

Comment

• It's Whitaker right now, but not by that wide of a margin. It could certainly be Floyd once he finishes his career, depending on how he does so of course. If he were to beat Pacquiao or Sergio, I may lean towards Floyd, both are ATG's, one of the Top fighters in their era's, and are around at least the Top 30 to me. Pernell is so underrated on here.

Greg Haugen (IBF LW champ/#3 LW), Jose Luis Ramirez (#2 LW), Azumah Nelson (#7 P4P), Juan Nazario (WBA LW champ/#2 LW), Anthony Jones (Top 10 LW), Policarpo Diaz (Top 10 LW), Jorge Paez (Top 10 LW), Rafael Pineda (IBF JWW champ/#2 JWW), Buddy McGirt (WBC/LINEAL WW champ/#5 P4P), Julio Cesar Vasquez (WBA SWW champ/#1 SWW), and Wilfredo Rivera (Top 10 WW).

6 titles in 4 weight classes, Linael Champ at Welterweight.

Should also have a win over Julio Cesar Chavez (who was #1 P4P at the time) and got robbed the first fight against Jose Luis Ramirez. Also had a close fight with Oscar De La Hoya while Whitaker was past it, and while Oscar was prime.

Floyd has a good resume too though.

Genaro Hernandez (WBC/RING SFW champ), Angel Manfredy (#1 SFW), Goyo Vargas (Top 10 SFW), Diego Corrales (#5 P4P/#1 SFW), Carlos Hernandez (Top 10 SFW), Jesus Chavez (Top 10 SFW), Jose Luis Castillo (WBC LW champ/#1 LW), DeMarcus Corley (Top 10 JWW), Arturo Gatti (WBC JWW champ/#1 JWW), Zab Judah (IBF WW champ/Top 10 WW), Carlos Baldomir (WBC/RING WW champ), Oscar De La Hoya (WBC SWW champ/Top 10 SWW), Ricky Hatton (#8 P4P), Juan Manuel Marquez (#2 P4P), Shane Mosley (WBA WW champ/#2 WW/#3 P4P), Victor Ortiz (WBC WW champ/#2 WW), and Miguel Cotto (WBA SWW champ/#1 SWW).

8 titles in 5 weight classes (shold have been 9 since he beat Mosley but didn't pay the fee's for that belt), linael champ at Super Featherweight-Lightweight-Welterweight.

I got Whitaker slightly ahead though. He should have had the win over Chavez, and his Nelson win was a great win. Those 2 put him higher up for me. Floyd has some great wins as well, but he needs to either sustain a long run and keep on going for awhile or beat Pac/Sergio. Both are great though, around the Top 30 no doubt.

Comment

• Whitaker's wins over Buddy McGirt alone tower over 90% of Floyd's resume.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                    Pac world champs defeated.

Sasakul
                    Ledwaba
                    Barrera
                    Marquez(2x)
                    Mosley
                    Margarito
                    Cotto
                    Hatton
                    Diaz
                    Clottey
                    De la Hoya
                    Larios
                    Julio
                    Morales(2x)

That's 14 World champions

Leonard World champs defeated

Muņiz
                    Benitez
                    Duran(2x)
                    Hearns(2x)
                    Kalule
                    Hagler
                    Lalonde

That's 7 World champs.

On paper Pac has beaten double the World champs than Leonard has.

P4P ranked fighters that Pac defeated.(ring magazine.

Barrera
                    Morales
                    Marquez
                    Cotto

Leonard defeated (KO magazine)

Benitez
                    Duran
                    Hearns
                    Hagler

Pac title fights wins equals 15.

Leonard title fights wins equals 11.

Not counting lineal championships, and divisional titles.

This proves on paper. That Pac is greater than Leonard.

So therefor in reality it's close.
                    To add more facts on paper as to why Pac is a greater fighter than Leonard

Is because Pac longevity and accomplishments>>>>>>>>>>>Leonard.

Leonard was an elite fighter for what? 6 or 7 years? Pac is going on 9 years.

When Leonard was 30yrs old he hadn't won a fight in 2 years, and was doing cocaine. While Pac at 30yrs old was winning 4th lineal championship in dominating 2 round performance, and also destroying P4P level fighter.

So add these facts on paper. And you would see that Pac is greater than Leonard.
                    Based ont he facts on paper, couldn't we make a case that Floyd is greater than Leonard as well??? Floyd's been elite, meaning around the Top 10 P4P/inthe Top 10 P4P, for going on 13-14 years since he beat Genaro and Manfredy to win FOTY. He's beaten 4 guys that were Top 10 P4P at the time, Corrales-Hatton-Marquez-Mosley, and has beaten 17 fighters that were either champions/former world champions/future world champions (Genaro, Vargas, Corrales, Chavez, C. Hernandez, Castillo, Corley, Gatti, Mitchell, Judah, Baldomir, De La Hoya, Hatton, Marquez, Mosley, Ortiz, and Cotto).

I'm saying going by what you're saying, couldn't we argue Floyd among Leonard as well "based on the facts"???

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      Based ont he facts on paper, couldn't we make a case that Floyd is greater than Leonard as well??? Floyd's been elite, meaning around the Top 10 P4P/inthe Top 10 P4P, for going on 13-14 years since he beat Genaro and Manfredy to win FOTY. He's beaten 4 guys that were Top 10 P4P at the time, Corrales-Hatton-Marquez-Mosley, and has beaten 17 fighters that were either champions/former world champions/future world champions (Genaro, Vargas, Corrales, Chavez, C. Hernandez, Castillo, Corley, Gatti, Mitchell, Judah, Baldomir, De La Hoya, Hatton, Marquez, Mosley, Ortiz, and Cotto).

I'm saying going by what you're saying, couldn't we argue Floyd among Leonard as well "based on the facts"???
                      Hes trolling Larry......

Comment

Working...
                      X