No announcement yet.

Body fat + cutting weight question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body fat + cutting weight question

What body fat percentage are you, and how much weight can you cut before you feel weak/sick. Just trying to get an idea.

Im around 4.8-5.2 percent bodyfat, and can only cut 5-7 lbs before i feel weak and sick as f. Cutting 10-20 lbs would be a death sentence to me i think. If i were to fight somebody, i wouldnt cut much and.just fight near my natural weight. I wouldnt care if they outweighed me, i can hold my own against much bigger guys, let alone a little bigger guys, and it wouldnt be a factor in beating me, skill would. I dont knoww, i just can cut much it seems

Not trying to be an *******, just saying that 99.99999% of people who think they are 4-5% bodyfat are usually like 7-8%. 4-5% is like a professional bodybuilder.

Comment

Yeah if you 4.8 - 5.2 bf% you do not want to do any cutting at all

Comment

Originally posted by ZeeBrah View Post
        Not trying to be an *******, just saying that 99.99999% of people who think they are 4-5% bodyfat are usually like 7-8%. 4-5% is like a professional bodybuilder.
        I know brah, haha, but what im saying is legit. I get tested every month by personal trainers. Weird think is, when im 'bulking', ill put on 5-10 lbs, and drop.bodyfat percentage. The max ive ever been tested at is 5.2 ( when im not focused on health related activities), and when im in shape and bulked up the lowest ive been tested at is 4.8. If it had to guess, id say at the current moment im around 5.0. Its just genetics as far as im concerned, i definitely dont work as hard as some people lol. I hear what youre saying, but in my case im speaking da truf. You mirin my jacked fibraz?

I was just wondring about the cuttin weight bit, hypothetical of course, but i can only cut 5-7 lbs before i feel like death.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
          Yeah if you 4.8 - 5.2 bf% you do not want to do any cutting at all

Yeah, cutting is the last thing i want to do irl, im always trying to bulk up, and usually fail lol. Im not an eater. Its just a hypothetical question in the boxing sense, people are regularily cutting 10-20 lbs and im wondering if thats correlated to bf percentage. Idk, i just think of stuff like this....or things like what if i had diarrhea when i was walking out to the ring lol

Comment

I can go up and down In weight very easy. When I first started boxing I weighed round 175 not natural weight though ( bulked up a lot coz of gym) ended up cutting and fighting at 154 then went down to 140 again. Lowest I've been in the past two years is 125 but didn't feel good and was weak.

Comment

Originally posted by maenyfresh View Post
              I can go up and down In weight very easy. When I first started boxing I weighed round 175 not natural weight though ( bulked up a lot coz of gym) ended up cutting and fighting at 154 then went down to 140 again. Lowest I've been in the past two years is 125 but didn't feel good and was weak.
              Damn. 125 for a guy who im assuming has a bigger build sounds insane. Im not too positive what weight im at atm, i know its in the 130-135 range, if i had to guess id say 132. 124 is when i feel like death, i have to really starve/dehydrate myself to fet to that and once i do its no bueno. I think if i were to compete, id rather save a few pounds and fell healthy/strong.

Comment

You're not around 4.8-5.2% at all, everytime I hear this its more nearer the 10-12-15% mark

I don't think you realise how low 4.8% is.

Are you using calipers or scales or what to get this reading? I assure you, you maybe ripped, cut but you aren't that low and probably not particularly close.

Comment

^Agreed. Not trying to be an *******, just being realistic.

Also, people can be at whatever weight they feel comfortable, but I'm 5'11.5" and 210 and I could NEVER get under 200 pounds. I feel small even now. I like to be in the 220-240 range, like mini-tank mode.

Just me personally, haha. I don't know how some guys do it. I don't have reverse anorexia or anything, I just like being in the 220-240 range (preferably 225).

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    You're not around 4.8-5.2% at all, everytime I hear this its more nearer the 10-12-15% mark

I don't think you realise how low 4.8% is.

Are you using calipers or scales or what to get this reading? I assure you, you maybe ripped, cut but you aren't that low and probably not particularly close.

Whatever floats your boat mane. I do realize how low that is, its actually been a concern of mine, thats professional athlete/almost sick level. I dont know what the measuring device is called, but i hold it with both my hands, slightly above chest level for however many seconds until it gives me a reading. I have to be careful to not eat or drink prior, etc. You can believe me or not, thats irrelevant. Say im 10 percent, i dont care, i was just giving a personal example to relate to the question.

People bitter that other people have different body typess/genetics/lower body fat than them?
                    Last edited by ~AK49~; 10-11-2012, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X