No announcement yet.

If freedom was a "God given right" there wouldn't be people in jail

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
    The meaning hasn't been altered at all, it just has slightly more religious overtones when phrased as "God given rights" (natural as opposed to legal rights). Whether or not the term is misused by some in contemporary nomenclature or the theory is sound has no bearing, the issue you're "perceiving" is nonexistent. A large number of the founders of the US were Deists incidentally.
    The meaning HAS been altered. As a matter of fact it has more to do with the context in which it was placed instead of the actual writing. The issue i'm perceiving is existent because it is part our society and the political make-up of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dro View Post
      The meaning HAS been altered. As a matter of fact it has more to do with the context in which it was placed instead of the actual writing. The issue i'm perceiving is existent because it is part our society and the political make-up of it.
      Whatever. Enjoy running in circles on your own pal.

Comment

Whatever. Enjoy running in circles on your own pal.
        exactly what some1 who lost an argument would say

Comment

I dont really get the problem? are you saying it should either be inherinet natural rights or god given privliges?

or are you just pissed that religion is connected with rights?

Comment

exactly what some1 who lost an argument would say
            There's no argument, because you're not even attempting to formulate one. Your assertion that natural rights and "God given rights" are distinct in political theory is blatantly false, so what else is there to discuss? I'm secure I know what I'm talking about and you don't, I don't feel the desire to feed the trolls any longer

Comment

There's no argument, because you're not even attempting to formulate one. Your assertion that natural rights and "God given rights" are distinct in political theory is blatantly false, so what else is there to discuss? I'm secure I know what I'm talking about and you don't, I don't feel the desire to feed the trolls any longer
              he is pulling the same trick in his other thread

talking in circles and picking and choosing nonsensical bits and pieces to fit some dumb agenda in these threads

clearly ignorance of the subject

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
                he is pulling the same trick in his other thread

talking in circles and picking and choosing nonsensical bits and pieces to fit some dumb agenda in these threads

clearly ignorance of the subject
                He's just trolling, and the amusement of playing along has worn out.

Comment

stop trolling my threads are replying in circles tengo and midnight. I'm trying to have a serious discussion and you guys are trolling

Comment

Working...
                  X