Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need to get into the lighter divisions.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    Alexis Acosta is the Cuban guy who defected I think to Ireland? Right? All his wins has been damn near by KO's if I am thinking about the right guy.

If it is him I have not really seen him, just saw one little highlight 20 second video. But, I have read good things about him.
    Correct, he still reps Cuba though, got the flag as the pattern for his shorts.
    Last edited by NChristo; 07-22-2010, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by El Protagonista View Post
      Check out my boy Ivan Calderon when you get a chance. The guy has awesome power and comes forward with punches in bunches. He's like Roberto Duran but smaller.
      WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :laff: :laff: :laff:

I can't take those feather-fisted midgets seriously, man. The lowest division I'll bring myself to watch is flyweight, and even then it's only because of hard-hitters like Darchinyan who'll soon be moving up to bantamweight.

Hasegawa's cool, too, but any smaller than him and it starts to look like Miniature Heroes in that ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
        Usually i watch whatever boxing is on, but fights under 135lbs rarely appear on my radar.

I hear about the fighters sometimes on the radio shows, but it's embarrasing how little i know about the super featherweight division and below.

what do you guys think about the lower weights?

do you feel they get enough exposure?
        I think that depends on where you are. I'm Asian and I know very little of the current fighters above 168 and have little interest. Reason being I find them too slow. Plus, IMO, there is little 2 way action. But that is just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
          Usually i watch whatever boxing is on, but fights under 135lbs rarely appear on my radar.

I hear about the fighters sometimes on the radio shows, but it's embarrasing how little i know about the super featherweight division and below.

what do you guys think about the lower weights?

do you feel they get enough exposure?
          I think smaller fighters need a really good promoter or at least to be in a few wars to get their names up. Rafael Marquez, Donaire, VicDarch, Juanma? I think Juanma is 126, there are great fighters in the lower weight classes but they definitely do not get the exposure they deserve. I may just be my perception, but it seems that a lot of them are pound for pound better than most fighters in the higher weight classes, shame they arent more visible.

Comment

Bantamweight will get better if Ra'shee Warren quits chasing that gold medal and turns pro. That guy is so nasty with it, it's not even funny. He barely lost to Guillermo Rigondeaux not even that long ago (I think it was a point or two) so that alone tells you how talented he is. Kid is the real deal and if you ever get a chance to check him out you won't be dissapointed. Also Rigondeaux is at Bantamweight and Chris Avalos is also a nice (but untested prospect).

Comment

Lol @ that dumb puerto rican not mentioning Gamboa in the 126 category when he is the most exciting boxer alive and one of the most popular in the lighter weight classes.

is it because you know that he will probably be the first one to give your mami Juanma a loss?
              Last edited by 537Bwouaye; 07-22-2010, 09:38 PM.

Comment

You'r kidding rite? This has to be a joke.
                Originally posted by El Protagonista View Post
                Check out my boy Ivan Calderon when you get a chance. The guy has awesome power and comes forward with punches in bunches. He's like Roberto Duran but smaller.

Comment

Working...
                X