Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can canelo beat golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keeping a tight defense, counter punching, trying to survive and then hoping for a robbery. His chance of ACTUALLY winning would be if he were strong enough to keep GGG on the back foot. I'm pretty sure he isn't.

I think even with Canelo just hoping to survive and get to the cards GGG will stop him before 12. I see canelo's biggest disadvantage as being his foot speed. He will not be able to get away, GGG will constantly be able to get him in range and will dominate him with the jab. And on the inside GGG will have too much. Canelo's one advantage is imo his hands are faster and he has some wicked combinations. I think he'll land on golovkin more than anybody we've seen, but I can't see it being enough.
    Last edited by Daddy T; 11-24-2015, 04:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
      Canelo would look exactly like Lemieux looked against GGG. He would try and fail. He would only get pummeled and eventually stopped
      I agree with this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daddy T View Post
        I see canelo's biggest disadvantage as being his foot speed. He will not be able to get away, GGG will constantly be able to get him in range and will dominate him with the jab.
        Agree with this. Combined with his poor stamina it's a huge problem against GGG. Unless he can back him up, which isn't likely.

Canelo really needs to counter GGG's jab effectively to have any chance. If GGG can control him with the jab he is completely fucked.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
          Canelo would look exactly like Lemieux looked against GGG. He would try and fail. He would only get pummeled and eventually stopped

Comment

• Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
            Just go 12.
            Hah.... touche

Maybe if he drains GGG...but really..I don't see it. At the end of the day he (Canelo) is just too stationary of a fighter. Unless he seriously compromises GGG's power, Canelo would suffer as that jab of GGG's is like a lance.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
              You have to look for golovkin. People dont understand that just because GGG is pressuring you, it doesn't mean he is there to be hit. Look at the Lemuix fight. He used his footwork to control range on Lemuix even while coming forward. Slow feet will never beat the kind of footwork and balance GGG has.
              Lol Canelo isn't Lemieux is what I am saying, Golovkin pretty much landed his jab at will on him but against Canelo he will think twice after being countered. Canelo is just a level above Lemieux anyway, that fight was nothing more than a good unification where Lemieux had a punchers chance.

And yes he is there to be hit by someone with quick, accurate combinations like Canelo, like I said he's not easy to hit but he's not hard to hit either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                I was actually arguing with some IDIOT golovkin fanboy, he said Canelo and Lemule were on the same level skillwise. HAHA!

Foreign Soil .................................LMAO
                Well aren't you a little liar, piece of crap.

I ultimately said they take different routes in order to end up at the same place. If your thought process worked for anything other than emo-fanboy backlash, you'd see that's not exactly what you described. Christ, are you stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
                  Lol Canelo isn't Lemieux is what I am saying, Golovkin pretty much landed his jab at will on him but against Canelo he will think twice after being countered. Canelo is just a level above Lemieux anyway, that fight was nothing more than a good unification where Lemieux had a punchers chance.

And yes he is there to be hit by someone with quick, accurate combinations like Canelo, like I said he's not easy to hit but he's not hard to hit either.
                  No one has yet to answer this to me how good is canelo's power at middleweight it wasn't even that good at light middleweight for all we know he can have Monroe Jr power at middleweight all his ko is a bunch of welterweights he couldn't even buckle cotto who even mayweather buckled I think is power is vastly overrated

Comment

• Originally posted by LomaUsykKlichko View Post
                    No one has yet to answer this to me how good is canelo's power at middleweight it wasn't even that good at light middleweight for all we know he can have Monroe Jr power at middleweight all his ko is a bunch of welterweights he couldn't even buckle cotto who even mayweather buckled I think is power is vastly overrated
                    Monroe power c'mon man.

Canelo may not have Golovkin type power at 160 but he will have enough power to get his respect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
                      Monroe power c'mon man.

Canelo may not have Golovkin type power at 160 but he will have enough power to get his respect.
                      Lemieux landed flush and couldn't make golovkin stop attacking. If anything,when lemieux landed,golovkin got pissed and ended up hitting him harded. And yes,if golovkin can take a punch from lemieux, he can take one from canelo.

Comment

Working...
                      X