Gennady Golovkin vs Saul Alvarez. Who Wins. Public Poll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
    Sounds like a scared GGG fan
    Unfortunately for Canelo fanboys, that's not the case. Just being realistic - there's little upside in beating the crap out of someone everyone already knows you'd beat the crap out of anyway. Plus, the fight will mark Canelo for good, if not ruin him. It's really a dumb fight for them to take, thus the hanging onto the catch weight for dear life.

Comment

Well, all Canelo has to do is survive 12 rounds, and he'll get a decision on at least one judges scorecard. But seeing him versus Cotto, he's really got nothing for GGG. That's the cold hard truth. His size advantage that he has will be nonexistant against GGG.

Comment

i think canelo will look good in spots during the early rounds. his fast hands and golovkin's forward momentum will allow him to tee off at times and snap ggg's head back, and his slick upperbody movement could mitigate the impact of many of golovkin's power punches. but golovkin's jab, body work and educated footwork will wear canelo down and around round seven or eight he will start finding a home for his power shots and then it will get ugly

Comment

Just check The Ring Magazine poll with this respect -- they have Golovkin winning by more than 97% of the votes...

... and they have more than 3,500 votes there...

Comment

If its @ 160-GGG. If its 155-157, I'd give Canelo a good chance to win.

Canelo is a very good boxer. Not great, but he is better than a lot of people say.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              If its @ 160-GGG. If its 155-157, I'd give Canelo a good chance to win.

Canelo is a very good boxer. Not great, but he is better than a lot of people say.
              Bookmarked this one... (In case they ever fight).

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                Bookmarked this one... (In case they ever fight).
                OK. GGG likes to come forward and Canelo is a good boxer. At 155-157, not knowing how the weight loss will affect GGG's stamina, I think its very possible Canelo tattoos him repeatedly as he comes forward.

AT 160, I'm less concerned about stamina and think GGG could eventually get to him. That said, GGG has taken some shots in other fights that if Canelo catches him with could do damage.

Comment

OK. GGG likes to come forward and Canelo is a good boxer. At 155-157, not knowing how the weight loss will affect GGG's stamina, I think its very possible Canelo tattoos him repeatedly as he comes forward.

AT 160, I'm less concerned about stamina and think GGG could eventually get to him. That said, GGG has taken some shots in other fights that if Canelo catches him with could do damage.
                  So a drained Golovkin might lose? I think that says it all.

Golovkin, 4th round KO (and that might be generous).

Canelo just too inactive and Golovkin won't give him a second off. Canelo should masquerade as a JMW if he knows what's good for him.

Comment

I see...

So, Canelo's stamina was OK at 155 -- when he managed to land exactly 13 punches per round.

I guess that Canelo was tip top and he will take GGG at 155-157 NEXT... If they do so, please remind me to ask you for a friendly wager on real $... If you don't mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                      So a drained Golovkin might lose? I think that says it all.

Golovkin, 4th round KO (and that might be generous).

Canelo just too inactive and Golovkin won't give him a second off. Canelo should masquerade as a JMW if he knows what's good for him.
                      GGG will not be drained. If he can make 154 with no problem for the Floyd payday as he said , then he should be fine making 155 for the Canelo payday and none of his fans should complain.

Comment

Working...
                      X