No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Donates $15K To Breast Cancer Organization

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
    I knew it wouldn't be long before someone brought this up.

I'm no Mayweather fan, but his money is his money. How he decides to spend it is of no concern or consequence to any of us. The mere fact that he donated in the first place is a very commendable act that is worthy of anybody's respect.

Taking it a step further, users like you are solely responsible for turning this formerly awesome forum dedicated to actual boxing conversation into what it is now : A ****hole where every conversation revolves around money or negativity.

Let me break it down for you...

We have a star athlete here who is donating $15,000 to something as noble and selfless as cancer research and, instead of being respectful and happy for the families of those who are currently suffering with the disease (not to mention the brilliant scientists and lab assistants who are always in need of additional funding), you're being a negative d*ck who is attempt to turn it into something negative.

**** you and everybody who looks like you.

Negative enough for 'ya?

ZAMN!!! Ether city. I agree with every bit of it. Good ****.

Comment

I'm no Mayweather fan, but his money is his money. How he decides to spend it is of no concern or consequence to any of us. The mere fact that he donated in the first place is a very commendable act that is worthy of anybody's respect.

Taking it a step further, users like you are solely responsible for turning this formerly awesome forum dedicated to actual boxing conversation into what it is now : A ****hole where every conversation revolves around money or negativity.

Let me break it down for you...

We have a star athlete here who is donating $15,000 to something as noble and selfless as cancer research and, instead of being respectful and happy for the families of those who are currently suffering with the disease (not to mention the brilliant scientists and lab assistants who are always in need of additional funding), you're being a negative d*ck who is attempt to turn it into something negative.

**** you and everybody who looks like you.

Negative enough for 'ya?
      Should have locked down the thread right here.

Comment

15k? That's a joke. I donate 10 $ every month. 15k for Floyd is like 2 $ for me. All money helps but, c'mon!

Comment

Fair enough, but for less than 1/20th of 1% of a 32m pre-tax purse, err, a lot of us probably proportionately donate more. If you make 30K per year that's a $15 donation. Though he does do a lot of other philanthropy. Err, but money is money, and good on him.

Comment

People just ***** to ***** it seems. smh.

Comment

and moments later bets 500k on some gay team

Comment

Originally posted by -=Shade=- View Post
                Fair enough, but for less than 1/20th of 1% of a 32m pre-tax purse, err, a lot of us probably proportionately donate more. If you make 30K per year that's a $15 donation. Though he does do a lot of other philanthropy. Err, but money is money, and good on him.
                Truthfully speaking, nobody knows how much money Floyd has or doesn't have aside from Floyd and his accountant. He could be as rich as he claims to be or he could be significantly less wealthy than that.

I'd elaborate, but this is a boxing forum, not a business finances forum. Conversation about his money doesn't belong here and it only serves to distract from his contribution.

Comment

I'd elaborate, but this is a boxing forum, not a business finances forum. Conversation about his money doesn't belong here and it only serves to distract from his contribution.
                  Oh, I might be new here, but I hear you there.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    LAS VEGAS --- Floyd Mayweather brought 46 breast cancer survivors to be his guests at the fight and he made a donation of $15,000 to Susan G Komen for the Cure at Wednesday's final pre-fight news conference for his fight against Marcos Maidana on Saturday night at the MGM Grand on Showtime PPV.

[Click Here To Read More]
                    ... $15,000? Bad joke...
                    ... Excuses...

Comment

Truthfully speaking, nobody knows how much money Floyd has or doesn't have aside from Floyd and his accountant. He could be as rich as he claims to be or he could be significantly less wealthy than that.

Perfectly true...
                      ... But in this case one doesn't have to make public a money figure whatsoever... Charities have their rules and traditions...

Comment

Working...
                      X