No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hector Camacho: Remembering My Wasted Macho Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hector Camacho: Remembering My Wasted Macho Time

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - A famous person unexpectedly dies.

And the immediate inclination for the geniuses in my line of work is to assemble something that’s both worthy of the undisputed championship of profundity, and gets posted 30 seconds before the guy’s at the wannabe website down the street.

Sometimes they make for entertaining reading… but in just as many cases, they don’t.

Regardless, I can’t bring myself to do it for Hector Camacho.

The main reason is that, while he’s only officially been gone since Saturday, his life actually ended several days earlier – at precisely the moment an ill-intentioned bullet violated his skull. Whether his body or the machinery it was subsequently attached to knew it or not, his story was complete.

And with it, the shelf life for any truly legitimate tributes had already begun to expire.

By now, all the worthwhile words to be written about him already have been. So whether I praised him for a distinguished and decorated ring career or chastised him for what seems a dubious end amid questionable company and circumstances, I’d be piling on for piling on’s sake. [Click Here To Read More]

Dam always writing a book!

Comment

excellent read!!

Comment

Camacho great fighter mixed up man

In the ring Hector was great and exciting but outside the ring Hector never knew how to act right. Camacho led a troubled life outside of boxing devoid of guidance or knowing the right way to live. Sad. In the ring Camacho was a champion but outside the ring hector wasn't a good person.

Comment

Camacho had Top 3 fastest hand in the history of boxing in his prime. Is a shame drugs ended what could have been of of the greatest fighters of all time.

Comment

Finally, a breath of fresh air compared to some of the trash that gets passed off as journalism on this site. That was a hell of piece. Excellent read.
            Last edited by MikeRo1972; 11-27-2012, 02:57 PM.

Comment

I can see it now: "Macho Time!: From Fame To Misfortune - The Story Of Hector Macho Camacho"

I think that would be a fitting title for a movie about his life.

Comment

Very nice piece Mr. Fitz. Thank you.

R.I.P. Macho

Comment

Originally posted by mikeMack View Post
                  In the ring Hector was great and exciting but outside the ring Hector never knew how to act right. Camacho led a troubled life outside of boxing devoid of guidance or knowing the right way to live. Sad. In the ring Camacho was a champion but outside the ring hector wasn't a good person.
                  I don't think that is an accurate statement. And unless you actually knew him personally, I don't think you qualify to make it.

None of us are perfect. We are all susceptible to negativity.

Comment

Arrogance-rude-Jail-Drugs-Assaults-Divorce-Assassinated

Camacho despite being a great fighter was an extremely flawed troubled demon outside the ring.

Comment

Working...
                    X