Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The mandatory "wtf is going on with Mikey Garcia" thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
    No he has more. Arum makes fighters extend contracts in return for fights like remember with chavez jr he wanted more fights out of him in return for having him fight giggi
    Chavez Jr had a choice. Take the $7mil guaranteed purse to fight GGG with a 1 fight extension. If he were to win, his next fight would be a guaranteed $10mil. If he were to lose, his next fight would be a guaranteed $5mil.

Or he could have faced GGG for $3mil and ended his contract after the bout.

Chavez Jr declined both offers.

Haymon paid Arum big money to acquire Chavez jr only for him to get whooped by Fonfara. Arum must have laughed his azz off that night!
    Last edited by Deevel916; 10-26-2015, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Arum knows what he wants to do and he will not allow it. He will sit on him and let everybody forget about him then maybe he might move on and let him go sign with whoever he wants to sign with. Arum is that Spiteful!

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        Arum knows what he wants to do and he will not allow it. He will sit on him and let everybody forget about him then maybe he might move on and let him go sign with whoever he wants to sign with. Arum is that Spiteful!
        Why shouldn't he be spiteful?

He spent a lot of $ and time building Mikey up, was even ready to line him up to fight PAC. Hbo was ready to make him a staple of there network.

It takes a lot of time to build fighters up to star status.

Its not like Mikey was underpaid either, dude was making bank.

Comment

Many fighters nowadays sign contracts and dont want to fulfill them. I remember when Chavez Jr had his dispute with Arum, his excuse was "I didnt understand the contract". Well who's fault is that? Chavez must have hired one incompetent lawyer to go over the contract.

That's one thing I respect about Cotto. He honored his contract and left once his obligations were met. No crying, protesting, shelving himself, etc.

I'm sure there are some fighters who are unhappy over in Haymon's stable as well but due to a contract stipulation, they arent allowed to badmouth Haymon. I'm not even joking either. If I can find the article I will post it. You think Wilder, Quillen and Thurman were happy to turn down career high paydays because they were prohibited by Haymon to sign a promotional contract with Rocnation? They werent even allowed to voice their displeasure.
          Last edited by Deevel916; 10-26-2015, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
            Why shouldn't he be spiteful?

He spent a lot of $ and time building Mikey up, was even ready to line him up to fight PAC. Hbo was ready to make him a staple of there network.

It takes a lot of time to build fighters up to star status.

Its not like Mikey was underpaid either, dude was making bank.
            Didn't say it was a bad thing, yeah basically the love Crawford is getting was suppose to be Mikey Garcia. Arum had big plans for him, I'm still not sure why he wasn't happen

Comment

He wasted 2 years of his prime, and now he's campaigning at 140.

I have a feeling when he comes back he's not going to have much success and will be out of the sport within a year of his return.

Comment

I recall Mikey saying that he never wanted to be a boxer in the first place. He use to hang out at his brothers gym and found out that he was pretty good at it.

I dont think his heart is into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                  140, interesting. Thanks mate :ANYWORD:
                  With his skill set, he can be top 3 at 140 easily. He just needs to actually fight

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                    Mikey is wasting his talent, I was a huge supporter prior to his legal shenanigans. Great boxer-puncher with solid power.

Last I read was about him returning at Light Welterweight possibly I believe.
                    No kidding! He was one of my favorites! Very smart and such a fun guy to watch.

Comment

definitely one of my top fighters... when he fights you can tell there is serious boxing talent there

i hope he can straighten his **** out somehow.... such a sad waste of time and talent doing nothing at the moment

Comment

Working...
                      X