We are in a weak welterweight era

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    Currently the welterweight era is weak.

Manny Pacquiao was a great fighter in his day, but is old and faded. He's really a blown-up flyweight who was at his best at the smaller weights from flyweight to super lightweight.

Keith Thurman is limited and overrated. He struggled against old guys like age 40 Bundu, shot Guerrero.

I like Shawn Porter, he's entertaining, a slugger like Curtis Stevens.

Amir Khan is a weak-chinned joke.

Feather-fisted Tim Bradley couldn't crack an egg and has been awarded some undeserved decisions.

Paulie Malignaggi is a shot old boxer.

Kell Brook seems to be the only bona fide top fighter in the division right now.
    Danny is gonna take over!! All the haters are gonna be so jelly!!

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
      But it's not miles ahead, there's already two A level guys at middleweight, with 2 more possibly breaking through.

All those guys have a long way to go, they have potential but you can't rate divisions on potential.

Both divisions are good, your opinion doesn't change that fact.

But to each his own.
      Who are the two A level guys and who are the other two who could break through?

Well it's not a 'fact', it's my opinion against your opinion.

Anyway whatever, if you wanna keep living in your bubble, feel free.

Originally posted by 2shameless View Post
      Thank you for your expert boxing analysis. You're an asset to the site.

As for the thread, I don't think WW is a weak division. You do have guys like Pac and Maidana whose futures are in question. Guys like Brook, Thurman and Khan who don't seem interested in fighting the best. Garcia who's still growing into the weight. With Floyd gone and Pac soon to follow, there isn't that one guy who really jumps out. Or a bunch of top guys willing to fight each other and find that one guy.
      Well you decided to ignore the my boxing content and instead focus on a less meaningful part of my post...

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        That's a major issue with this division. So much talent but very few guys fighting each other. We've seen a bit of continuity with Porter/DA/Khan/Brook, now if we can get Khan v Porter/Brook or Thurman v DA/Porter, then the division really starts to liven up.

It's so weird that Bradley, probably the best guy in the division and he isn't being spoken about. We need Bradley/Khan and Bradley/Brook.

WW division = all talk

this current state of boxing is all about social media posing...****ing lame

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          WW division = all talk

Absolutely agree with this!
          The fans have made it this way though, we don't need to follow the pathetic trend.

Comment

LOL, He's just mad because there is a middle weight is weak era thread...lol, the pac fans have turned to ride the lil g bandwagon. lol. this is a site that has a forum for pinoys, so you know which way they are gonna go or lean. lol still salty floyd beat your god

Comment

[QUOTE=Freedom.;16102799]Currently the welterweight era is weak.

Agreed. Well put. This made me realize that since the Middleweight division is weak things aren't so good. And then you have the heavyweights for the last 17 years, not in shape, no jab, no skill, no ring saavy. Ok I'm depressed now.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                WW division = all talk

Let's just hope we get at least 2 of the fights we want in 2016. Khan v Brook if both keep winning and Bradley v Porter/Thurman/Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                  Let's just hope we get at least 2 of the fights we want in 2016. Khan v Brook if both keep winning and Bradley v Porter/Thurman/Khan.
                  Still plenty of time for Danny Vs Amir this year If both man up have it in December its one of the most meaningful fights to be had at WW division.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                    Still plenty of time for Danny Vs Amir this year If both man up have it in December its one of the most meaningful fights to be had at WW division.
                    problem is, modern negotiations take sooooo long. But yeah, Khan v Garcia sells itself.

Comment

Working...
                    X