Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux's Manager: No Movement on HBO Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what happens when you turn your back on Hbo and Arum by exposing their investment on a hype job they planned to make bank on.

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
      Rigos team needs to wake up.
      Pro boxing is an entertaining sport.
      He has great tools and iq , but he is boring and bad for buisness
      And entertainment. HBO will not pay for another 122 lb fight with rigo in it.
      , soon rigos team will get desperate and donwhat hbo wants them to do which is say ( webwill fight anyone at 126 and 130 ). To get on tv and make money..

Bet on it
      What a stupid evaluation if I've ever heard one. That fight against Donaire was absolute intense drama. You could tell that at any moment, even the slightest lapse in concentration could spell disaster for either guy, and it almost did for Rigo when he dropped his guard on the inside and wound up on the canvas. That fight was pure science, and pure entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Alberto View Post
        Rigandeaux destroyed Donaire? What a ridiculous statement! He definitely out-pointed him. Even outclassed him, but destroyed? Come on.
        Thats about it. If he would have destroyed him, or landed a K.O. the network would invest more interest in him.

Comment

maybe rigo should start talking a lot **** and do ridiculous and ignorant things that seems to work for other (boring) fighters

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Alberto View Post
            Rigandeaux destroyed Donaire? What a ridiculous statement! He definitely out-pointed him. Even outclassed him, but destroyed? Come on. Either way, I'm really happy HBO & Showtime are slowly releasing these fighters who are not entertaining!
            In a way he did destroy him, before the fight Donaire was one of the most talked about fighters in boxing, after Rigo made him look so bad he fell back big time, it will take a couple good fights to get him back to where he was and as far as his face maybe Rigo didn't destroy it but that looked pretty ****ed up to.

Comment

Why do people keep bringing up the entertainment aspect.. if this was 1966, people here would of said Ali ran from Cleveland Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                Why do people keep bringing up the entertainment aspect.. if this was 1966, people here would of said Ali ran from Cleveland Williams.
                No entertainment= no HBO

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
                  They should fight Rigos mandos off TV, for their last 2 fights, and jump to GBP, I bet Oscar will promote him better. Arum dont know how to promote, he just take advatanges of fighters with agressive styles.

A promoter should be able to promote a guy even if their boring(not to me) or whatever.

HBO and Arum are just pissed that he upset the applecart and knock of their future star!

War Rigo!!!!!
                  Steven Espinoza already said he would be glad to have Rigo fight on Showtime and mention Mares and "El Terremoto"

Rigo should have his Chance to shine and be able to change a little beat like Marquez did and am shure he will bring more butts to fill arenas, I for ones am willing to see him excel.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                    So maybe Rigo needs to act like a jurr-cough the way Bonehead does. Sad state in boxing, when big mouthed Arum would dismiss his own fighter, on camera, and do all he can to stall his career, and actually get away with it. Any true fan of boxing will like Rigo's true talent. Anybody else needs to go watch tough man competitions.
                    There too many blood thirsty ghouls out there (count me in) I appreciated Marquez's boxing ability, but now that he engages more I definitely like this version better. Rigo should do the same and shut frigging Arum and HBO and go to Showtime and say to the two previously mention Shove it!

Comment

Team Rigo should hire Danny Garcia's dad. Your fights can be boring as hell but if you know how to sell them you'll be okay. Let's face it. How many products did you buy because of hype? You can actually lie and promise fans that you'll KO your opponent even though you don't intend to. In short, do something. Sell yourself. Get yourself interviewed. Go to talk shows, make a fool of yourself, pretend that you beat your girlfriend, act like a villain, anything. Do effing something. Pro boxing is not charity. Investors have to make money.

Comment

Working...
                      X