No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Hopkins, Cloud Go Face To Face in Brooklyn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Hopkins, Cloud Go Face To Face in Brooklyn

BROOKLYN - Future Hall of Famer Bernard "The Executioner" Hopkins was born 48 years ago today, and in celebration he will continue his record-setting career on Saturday, March 9 by facing undefeated IBF Light Heavyweight World Champion Tavoris "Thunder" Cloud at Barclays Center in Brooklyn in a bout which will be televised live on HBO World Championship Boxing.

[Click Here To Read More]

Hopkins is that much taller? Wow.

The weigh in will be funny. Hopkins will look like a shapeless old man compared to Cloud, and lots of people will overreact to that.

Comment

Looking forward to this fight, especially since it's not on PPV.

Comment

Cloud look grimey and hungry...B.Hop better be on his game...just sayin!!

Comment

Great News

I wish I could see Toney fight just one more time.

Yeah yeah ....i know I know.

Comment

Bh face dont look old as well. JC beating BH was a great win, and should be counted as JC fighting a prime BH. Cos at 4o bh was just about prime.

BH didnt neccesarily fight better when he was younger.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              Bh face dont look old as well. JC beating BH was a great win, and should be counted as JC fighting a prime BH. Cos at 4o bh was just about prime.

have I missed something here?

I thought this was about Cloud v BHOP?

What the **** has it got to do with a retired coked up Welshman?

Comment

what does this have to do with the up coming hopkins vs cloud fight?

besides that calzaghe got a gift against hopkins and was looking for retirement to avoid a rematch.

and hopkins was a beast when he was coming up in the ranks, you obviously have not watched his fights, which most people have not, because the ones that have always have to point out how vicious and active and aggressive he was, before becoming a calculated sniper inside the ring.

the reason most people don't like hopkins is because they've been buying into the BS of the boxing establishment. hopkins and butch lewis butted heads with don king first and king vowed to never let hopkins get any tv airtime ever as long as he could, even while hopkins was champion, hopkins gave them not option but to put him on tv because he locked up the belts.
                the rest of the boxing establishment was against hopkins because Bhop was one of the only boxers to go to capitol hill to testify and argue for boxers rights, something the boxing establishment didn't and doesn't want, and that ruffled a lot of feathers, and since that, he was labelled boring, not exciting, etc, which is further from the truth. watch his earlier fights, turn off the commentating in his recent year fights, and you'll see a completely different fighter compared to what they try and label him as, as he fights.

cloud is going to have his hands full against the aging hopkins, and unless cloud tries to overwhelm hopkins with aggression and punch output, or a lucky punch, I can't see him beating hopkins, other than another robbery that goes against hopkins.

I like cloud but style wise, it's not a good match up for cloud, he plays right into hopkins game plan, but the father time factor is X factor in this fight, as we have been waiting for at least 10 years, each fight, we expect to see hopkins get old overnight..... again, we wait to see if this fight is when it happens. I don't think so, unless cloud take hopkins deep and I don't see that hapening, because I thought he struggled his ass off with glenn johnson....

Comment

Lol at this fool. Hopkins was prime at 43!!!!

Comment

Cloud looks a little plump in the face. Nothing a training camp wont fix though...

Comment

Working...
                    X