Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan Expects Fair Fight, Agrees To Olympic Drug Testing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan gets randomly tested all year around by the BBBoC anyway, so nothing new for British fighters.

Comment

So how many comments are we going to get about Khan betraying his best buddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
        Not really a big deal just a little blood. I've only ever heard of one fighter who is superstitious against extra testing.
        If it is possible that Bob Arum does not want to make the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight happen:
        Freddie Roach: “Possibly yeah. The thing is everywhere I travel in the world everyone tells me to make that fight happen and so forth. I talked to Manny’s advisors last week and they told me they are negotiating so it’s definitely a possibility and I hope that fight happens.”

If he thinks Pacquiao’s last fight will be against Mayweather:

Freddie Roach: “I think so. The thing is if Pacquiao does lose that fight – well win or lose I think he will retire. I think that’s gonna be his last fight. He’s really into politics and so forth and politics is going to take him away from boxing that’s for sure. Politics is something he wants to be good at. It’s not like the singing or dancing and acting, that’s more for fun. This is serious business and something he wants to be good at. It’s gonna take 100 percent of his time to be good at that. I feel if we do fight Mayweather, win or lose I think it will be his last fight.”

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
          Not really a big deal just a little blood. I've only ever heard of one fighter who is superstitious against extra testing.
          “You gotta understand,” Arum said, with regard to the demand for USADA testing. “I’m dealing with a Filipino fighter who is superstitious, and I have to tell him they have the power to come into his dressing room before the fight and take his blood. Manny gets freaked out when his blood gets taken and feels that it weakens him. They would put nothing in writing as to any kind of schedule. That is ludicrous.”

Pacquiao, for his part, declared, “I’m not going to let them take my blood whenever they want when I’m getting seriously ready for a fight. They can take all the urine they want.”

Last edited by Atreyu Khalil; 03-15-2012, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
            Khan gets randomly tested all year around by the BBBoC anyway, so nothing new for British fighters.
            This right here. Which is funny since he takes those same Ariza shakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
              “You gotta understand,” Arum said, with regard to the demand for USADA testing. “I’m dealing with a Filipino fighter who is superstitious, and I have to tell him they have the power to come into his dressing room before the fight and take his blood. Manny gets freaked out when his blood gets taken and feels that it weakens him. They would put nothing in writing as to any kind of schedule. That is ludicrous.”

Pacquiao, for his part, declared, “I’m not going to let them take my blood whenever they want when I’m getting seriously ready for a fight. They can take all the urine they want.”

Wasn't that when he took a blood test 15 days before the fight having just refused a 14 day cut off from mayweather?

Comment

Love him or hate him thank you Floyd for bringing better testing to a combat sport. So far everyone has no problems with the testing except for one fighter. He says hes ok with it NOW but why all the excuses back then. Only reason im still suspicious about him is that.

On topic good for Khan and Peterson. This is what clean boxers do

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                  Love him or hate him thank you Floyd for bringing better testing to a combat sport. So far everyone has no problems with the testing except for one fighter. He says hes ok with it NOW but why all the excuses back then. Only reason im still suspicious about him is that.

On topic good for Khan and Peterson. This is what clean boxers do
                  First of all Floyd didn't bring it. Khan, AA, and everyone from Saurland promotions were doing it before Floyd.

What Floyd does deserve credit for is bring up the problem of PED's in the sport to the forefront. Which made the fans become more aware of the issue.

2nd, who is the 1 fighter that you're talking about? Donaire, Ward, Vitaly, who?
                  Last edited by Roman Moreno; 03-15-2012, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Props to both Peterson and Khan.

Comment

Props this thing is gaining steam.no excuses after this fight

Comment

Working...
                      X