No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Time for TR and GBP to Be Grown Ups: Ratings Update

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Time for TR and GBP to Be Grown Ups: Ratings Update

Abner Mares wants it. Nonito Donaire is re-tweeting it. The fans sure as heck would go for it.

There is no fight that needs to happen more, relative to any weight division, than a showdown between the two most accomplished fighters in the Jr. Featherweight. Somewhere the Cult of Rigo is howling.

Go light your candles and wait your turn.

122 lbs. has a fight that could potentially thrill, with two fighters who can both sell. Top Rank and Golden Boy don’t like to work together. Too often, the big name fighters hide behind that nonsense. Donaire and Mares aren’t doing that.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Somewhere the Cult of Rigo is howling. Go light your candles and wait your turn.
    I love Cliff Rold.

Comment

Bob "Scrooge" Arum is just another Jerry "gory hole" Jones PERIOD
      Forget About It!

Comment

Time for the boxing media to call out Arum for his unbelievably petty and damaging refusal to make fights with GBP.

It's not even a two-way thing; GBP are happy to make fights with TR even though DLH/Shaeffer despise Arum back.

The more the boxing media stays quiet, the more you realise the theory that Arum has everyone in his pocket to be true.

What TR are doing is scandalous; our sport is barely surviving as it is, we cannot accept the two biggest promotional companies not working together.

I like Cliff but even his rebuke here is mild at best.

This is obscene. And the reporters who refuse to be critical of Arum are letting him get away with it.

Comment

Yeah I wish I can hit the lottery to but that's not happening.

I don't expect to see any co-promotion between TR and GBP. I view it as two different professional boxing leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
            Yeah I wish I can hit the lottery to but that's not happening.

I don't expect to see any co-promotion between TR and GBP. I view it as two different professional boxing leagues.
            I was just about to post something similar to that effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
              I was just about to post something similar to that effect.
              This is nothing new. The 80s was like this with TR and DKP. Thank God for the old Main Events. They put their guys with anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
                Time for the boxing media to call out Arum for his unbelievably petty and damaging refusal to make fights with GBP.

It's not even a two-way thing; GBP are happy to make fights with TR even though DLH/Shaeffer despise Arum back.

The more the boxing media stays quiet, the more you realise the theory that Arum has everyone in his pocket to be true.

What TR are doing is scandalous; our sport is barely surviving as it is, we cannot accept the two biggest promotional companies not working together.

I like Cliff but even his rebuke here is mild at best.

This is obscene. And the reporters who refuse to be critical of Arum are letting him get away with it.
                I wasn't looking to go super stiff on the rebuke. This was more about singing the praises of this fight. No love lost for any promotional outlets here.

Comment

Boxing needs a savior! someone like Steve Kroft or Lesley Stahl from 60 Minutes should sit him down for a televised interview and put him on blast!!!

They should ask him questions like what ever happen to the customer is always right? ( not giving the fans what they want!!!) and why do you refuse to work with other promotional companies? I think Arum needs to be exposed for the selfish, miserable, grinch that he is. embarrassing him on national T.V. like this might make him reconsider what he's doing to the sport that we all love!
                  Last edited by codey; 11-17-2012, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X