No announcement yet.

Will Ortiz Retire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Ortiz Retire?

I mean, a broken jaw is a pretty serious injury, especially for a boxer. Not to mention, he's lost 2 straight fights by KO. If he does decide to hang em up, I wish him the best of luck.

Victor Ortiz in a nutshell:
    He does not have the intestinal fortitude to persevere through the tough situations necessary to succeed in the higher levels of the sport. He should consider himself lucky. With his mental approach, Canelo would destroy him.

I'm not being cruel. I know a broken jaw is no minor injury. But this is boxing. The sport requires coping with pain and other physical hardships. Timothy Bradley finished his fight with Manny Pacquiao with a fractured foot.

In addition, this is a consistent issue with Ortiz. When he's in tough fights, he fouls or quits. In this fight, he did both. Earlier in the fight, when Lopez was more than competitive, Ortiz blatantly punched him in the back of the head.

Comment

Big issue next time when Ortiz feels that his fixed jaw is getting hit again he will probably quit again and saying I am preventing my jaw to get ****ed up again.

Comment

He should retire to finish school or take some espn fights to get through college with a few tomato can fighters. He needs to not only reevaluate his career, but his life. He's young enough to take this approach.

Comment

i think so, boxing lost a good entertaining fighter last night. This is another huge blow to boxing, cause say what you want ortiz could bang and was always in entertaining fights.

Comment

alright, I think some people are going overboard with Ortiz. he deserves some criticism but not the the level he's getting.

He had a broken jaw, from the looks of it pretty bad. Yes, many fighters have continued and toughed it out in the past. Ortiz is not one of those people. Not everyone has the heart to fight through bad injuries, and we shouldn't be too hard on guys like Ortiz since it's their life, their careers, not ours. Sure, we wish all fighters were some kind of freakish warrior that can fight through near death just because they are warriors. That's not reality.

Ortiz, while the loss stings and sets his career back, at the end of the day he's still a good fighter. He's not as mentally tough as some other fighters in the sport, but that doesn't mean he should retire. He's always entertaining, he always puts on a show and again, the kid has skills. He's very emotional and it shows in the ring and to me, that just adds more excitement when he fights as we never really know what's going to happen.

Comment

if Ortiz cant manhandle you and you dont wilt.......he quits........

Comment

Working...
              X