Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Producers behind "The Hurt Locker" suing Torrent users for piracy..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
    Uh oh, I think I downloaded that from a torrent...
    Originally posted by Loccy View Post
    Lulz, I DL'ed that film via torrent ages ago.
    You gonna get a visit soon

Comment

They are within their rights to sue .... But this is the age of the INTERNET.

There are no regulations because no one can claim ownership of the internet!!!!!

Guys that DL stuff should know by now that you have to use encryption when you get stuff. Also, it is a VIOLATION of the contractual agreement between an end-user and their ISP, for that information to be shared to an outside entity.

If ever I was sued because I DL something ... then I'm going after my ISP for divulging that information to another entity without my consent.

Even though NO ONE OWNS the Internet ... I am still afforded PRIVACY!!!!!!!!
      Last edited by arraamis; 05-31-2010, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Disposable Arts View Post
        Me too, it was far from professional.
        Nah, It was professional.

Comment

Scary ****. I don't blame the people behind it anyway. If they sued me for $1500 or whatever I'd pay up. Firstly, I believe it is fair, and secondly, if you don't pay in court you could end up paying 100 times that amount.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
            You gonna get a visit soon
            I'd spark 'em out.

Comment

Originally posted by Loccy View Post
              Nah, It was professional.
              What were its professional attributes? It was hot garbage IMO.

Comment

They're only suing because the film barely made any money in the box office.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                  They are within their rights to sue .... But this is the age of the INTERNET.

There are no regulations because no one can claim ownership!!!!!

Guys that DL stuff should know by now that you have to use encryption when you get stuff. Also, it is a VIOLATION of the contractual agreement between an end-user and their ISP, for that information to be shared to an outside entity.

If ever I was sued because I DL something ... then I'm going after my ISP for divulging that information to another entity without my consent.

Even though NO ONE OWNS the Internet ... I am still afforded PRIVACY!!!!!!!!

People can claim ownership. If you created a work, and someone steals it, you claim ownership and sue them for copyright violation.

Just because the method of theft is not traditional, doesn't mean its not theft.

Whether you steal it from a video store, or you steal it through a download, whats the difference?

Still stealing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
                    People can claim ownership. If you created a work, and someone steals it, you claim ownership and sue them for copyright violation.

Just because the method of theft is not traditional, doesn't mean its not theft.

Whether you steal it from a video store, or you steal it through a download, whats the difference?

Still stealing.
                    I should have fixed that homie .... I meant Ownership of the INTERNET.

And I agree 100% ... it is stealing!!!!!

But there are also laws that protect an individuals privacy ... An ISP is not permitted to tell outside en****** what you're doing while on the internet

The only way for anyone to know that you are DL illegal material is for your ISP to tell them ....... That is Illegal!!!!!
                    Last edited by arraamis; 05-31-2010, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Disposable Arts View Post
                      What were its professional attributes? It was hot garbage IMO.
                      I thought it was alright.

Comment

Working...
                      X