Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newcastle just had Owen on the bench all season. It was Owen's fault that Newcastle were relegated too.

Comment

• Madrid definitely have Benzema now.

Can't believe they've spent £200m and are still going to fail in major tournaments.

Comment

• Well we all hope so anyway!

Comment

• Anyone got anything on this Story/Rumour that gonna rock English soccer that's doing the rounds, rumours of Everton, 4 players, a goal at a certain game in May.

Comment

• Chelsea buy Zhirkov.

I remember him being quite good.

Cover for Malouda, or first-teamer when Malouda stops being good now he's signed a new contract.

Comment

• Bordeaux's promising winger Gabriel Obertan is undergoing a medical ahead of a £3m move to Manchester United.

The 20-year-old, who has also been linked with Inter Milan, AC Milan and Arsenal, is thought to have agreed terms on a four-year contract.

He spent the second half of last season on loan at Ligue 1 side Lorient, where he made 15 appearances and scored once.

Bordeaux president Jean-Louis Triaud said on Monday that there was a "great possibility" Obertan would join United.

Obertan scored against England Under-21s in March and took the Most Valuable Player award at last month's Toulon International youth tournament.

Manchester United have already signed 23-year-old Ecuador winger Antonio Valencia as manager Sir Alex Ferguson tries to replace Cristiano Ronaldo, the world player of the year, who has joined Real Madrid for a world record £80m.
              Never heard of him, but I trust Fergie's decision. You can't go wrong with a £3 million transfer either.

Comment

• Looks like my beloved Saint's takover is finally signed and sealed. Now to overhaul those boo skate ****s up the road!

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.crust View Post
                  Looks like my beloved Saint's takover is finally signed and sealed. Now to overhaul those boo skate ****s up the road!
                  You lost Davis?

Comment

• Originally posted by Demise View Post
                    You lost Davis?

Yeah,thats a bummer but I cant really blame the guy for moving on.In the last few months we have had so many different parties that were going to take over the club only for it not to happen.

This swiss guy has come right out of the blue in the last few days and its going to be a rebuilding job thats needed down here,but at least we can finaly get that started.

Happy days!

Comment

• Celtic have confirmed the signing of striker Marc-Antoine Fortune from Nancy on a three-year contract.

The 28-year-old moves to Glasgow in a deal worth approximately £3.8m.

Hull had also matched the French club's asking price but Fortune told the Celtic website: "This is where I want to be.

"Having met the people at the club and knowing all about the club's fantastic pedigree and support, this is where I saw my future."

Fortune is known to Celtic manager Tony Mowbray since he had the player on a six-month loan at West Brom last season.

The forward from French Guiana netted five goals during his spell at The Hawthorns.

"Marc is a quality player and, at West Brom, he was a privilege to work with," said Mowbray of his first signing at Celtic Park.

"Some of his play in the second half of the season was phenomenal and, if you look at our goals ratio as a team after he joined, you can see the impact he made.

"He is a team player, we were delighted with the way he performed in the Premiership and are looking forward to working with him at Celtic."

Fortune will be officially unveiled on Thursday ahead of Celtic's trip to Australia for Sunday's opening pre-season friendly against Brisbane Roar.

And he is relishing the prospect of kicking off the next chapter in his football career, which began at Lille.

"I am looking forward to the challenge of winning the league title, competing for the cups and playing in Europe, in front of the Celtic supporters.

"I am also looking forward to working with my manager, Tony Mowbray, once again.

"I had a great experience with him, Mark Venus and Peter Grant in the Premiership last season and I am looking forward to now working with him at one of Europe's biggest football clubs."

Nancy midfielder Landry N'Guemo is also expected to join Celtic on a season-long loan.

The 23-year-old defensive midfielder, who is a Cameroon international, was wanted by Mowbray at West Brom last season.

Fortune and N'Guemo would be ready-made replacements for two players not offered new deals by the new manager.

Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink and Paul Hartley, who signed for Bristol City on Monday, were told they were surplus to requirements as Mowbray looks to put his imprint on the squad.
                      Anybody know if he's any good?

Comment

Working...
                      X