No announcement yet.

Should Cotto still be #8 P4P?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by egreezy View Post
    Both has wins over Malignaggi @140, but I think Torres puts him over resume wise @140 until Hatton fights Bradley
    If we are just talking 140 I will take Hatton's resume over Miguel's all day tbh.

Comment

Not just resume is it though. No one can beat Hatton in his division, he's Ring champ, and he just beat the #2 guy. Can Cotto say that? No.

Comment

Tszyu > Mosley and Judah.

Comment

Originally posted by danc1984 View Post
          If we are just talking 140 I will take Hatton's resume over Miguel's all day tbh.
          Nah not just 140 but I'd put Torres as the toughest fight for either of them @140 of whom they have faced

Comment

Originally posted by egreezy View Post
            Nah not just 140 but I'd put Torres as the toughest fight for either of them @140 of whom they have faced
            Even thogh Kostya was past prime I am still putting that version of him over Torres.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
              Not just resume is it though. No one can beat Hatton in his division, he's Ring champ, and he just beat the #2 guy. Can Cotto say that? No.
              That is not analysing it from a p4p perspective though. According to your criteria for ranking fighters p4p those who are in weak divisions have a massive advantage. 140 in absolutely awful right now, potentially the worst division in boxing. Hatton gets limited credit from me for being the best in it.

Comment

I don't like Hatton a great deal but I agree with you Chunk, it doesn't. Who is that in the av?
                Sammy Braddy.

Originally posted by larryx View Post
                cottos resume>hattons resume
                I don't think that even comes into the argument though. I agree that Cotto has a better resume then Hatton, but Hatton's one loss came against P4P#1 Mayweather and he's dropped out of the top 10 completely.

Whereas Cotto's losses to Margarito but he stays in the top 10 even though Margarito wasn't even in the top 10 when he beat Cotto if i recall?

I think that's bull**** to be honest. Hatton belongs in the top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
                  Sammy Braddy.

I don't think that even comes into the argument though. I agree that Cotto has a better resume then Hatton, but Hatton's one loss came against P4P#1 Mayweather and he's dropped out of the top 10 completely.

Whereas Cotto's losses to Margarito but he stays in the top 10 even though Margarito wasn't even in the top 10 when he beat Cotto if i recall?

I think that's bull**** to be honest. Hatton belongs in the top 10.
                  Maybe they could be holding the Collazo decision against him, you never know what how much weight that could hold in their ranking of him.

Comment

That is not analysing it from a p4p perspective though. According to your criteria for ranking fighters p4p those who are in weak divisions have a massive advantage. 140 in absolutely awful right now, potentially the worst division in boxing. Hatton gets limited credit from me for being the best in it.
                    No, one takes into account that WW is a stronger division. And one takes into account 140 is not as deep. But that doesn't change the fact Hatton is unbeatable in his respective weight division, he just beat the #2 guy in it, he's the ring champ, and only loss came to the p4p #1. None of those are things Cotto can say.

If they were and in WW, it would be even more impressive and credit worthy, I agree. Perhaps not quite to the extent as you or some as I tend to think nearly half the top 10 p4p being Welterweights is a little over the top. But hey, I do agree.

Comment

First of all, props to everyone for no hating. It's rare that a thread with Cotto,Marg,PWill, or PBF as the main topic doesn't breed hate but everyone has said legitimate, unbiased arguments.

I'm with dancr in saying I'm not sure where I think he belongs. P4P is hard to develop a criteria for. Do I think, even with the Margo loss, that he's a top 10 fighter in the world? Yea, I do. So if that's what we're going by than I'd say latter half of top 10 is where he belongs.

But everyone saying guys like Vic have had better years, and are currently doing better have good points too.

It's definitely debatable.

Comment

Working...
                      X