No announcement yet.

Is Canelo's size advantage overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Canelo's size advantage overrated?

People always go on about how he's supposedly so huge for his division etc... just watching his fight against Mosely I'm seeing that he weighed in at 167 on fight night vs Mosley... 3 pounds heavier than Mosley... where has all this hype about him being this huge beast who's too big for lil' floyd come from?

Canelo is a full fledged Jr Middleweight ans he's fighting a midget. I dont think thats overrated at all.

Comment

now Floyd's a midget

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        now Floyd's a midget

You know Floyd a midget, quit hating, TMT forever!

Comment

Originally posted by p4p-champ View Post
          Canelo is a full fledged Jr Middleweight ans he's fighting a midget. I dont think thats overrated at all.
          Floyd is a midget? He is only about an inch shorter than Canelo and has a longer reach.

It reminds me of the guys who said Floyd is really a lightweight .... Floyd fans can be funny at times, for the wrong reasons.

Comment

It's a legit point. People talk about a 22lbs difference all the time, I've even seen 30 here. I'm pretty sure it'll be around 15, if not closer to 10. But I'm not sure at all they'll show the fight night weights. I think Floyd will prefer to let his minions claim he was 22lbs lighter

Comment

With the style he uses, NO, it's not an advantage. Sounds like a bunch of damage control in case he beats Floyd. Pathetic.

If he fought like Chavez Jr., YES, it would be a huge advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                It's a legit point. People talk about a 22lbs difference all the time, I've even seen 30 here. I'm pretty sure it'll be around 15, if not closer to 10. But I'm not sure at all they'll show the fight night weights. I think Floyd will prefer to let his minions claim he was 22lbs lighter

Floyd was only 7lbs when he was born whereas Canelo was 15lbs

this fight is the equivalent of Calderon vs Valuev...

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                  Floyd is a midget? He is only about an inch shorter than Canelo and has a longer reach.

It reminds me of the guys who said Floyd is really a lightweight .... Floyd fans can be funny at times, for the wrong reasons.

I think Floyd is actually taller. But its funny though, the guy who is suddenly a midget, won two titles at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post

lol, I meant to be funny there. My point is, Floyd is no middle-weight so to speak. Canelo is a big dude, with a lot of pop, I don't' think the size advantage is overrated at all.

Comment

Working...
                    X