Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Loma Learns To Dictate Rds and Counter Off His Superb Defense He Wont Lose Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he can step up his activity and not coast so much, he could stop a lot of guys and would be that much more difficult to beat.

Comment

I think there's no issue with how he fought vs Gary. He was so good defensively and offensively it wasnt needed imo.

Once he gets his "sea legs" under him though I think we'll see even more.

Seriously, hes been in two 12 rounders in only 3 fights. His conditioning and pacing is impressive when you consider that.
      Last edited by NearHypnos; 06-22-2014, 12:02 AM.

Comment

If Lomachenko was a heavyweight there would be no issue with his activity level he would be just right, the problem for him he is a featherweight. His pacing would still be a bit off though.

It will be interesting to see how he develops, but winning a belt usually makes a guy less active thus making it harder to develop further and get out of those bad amateur habits.

He will do work regardless because they guy is talented enough but it is a matter of reaching his true potential.

Comment

He looked impressive tonight but like others have said his inactivity is a cause for concern. I also can't help but notice he is not that good on that backfoot.

Very good offensively. Level changes, body-head, head-body, he has good defense, good handspeed, decent power & accuracy and uses angles well. He looked frightening in the pocket at times.

I'd like to see him in there with a solid pressure fighter next.

Good performance, its coming together and the loss seems to of done him good. He looked a lot better tonight and I am glad he has started using his jab more inparticular, he has a very good jab when he uses it.

Comment

That was beautiful boxing by Lomanchenko tonight. I was very impressed and watching a masterful performance like that was great. I feel his inactivity is a result of trying to change up strategy or simply knowing that he is in control. It's weird because you can tell Lomanchenko can knock out his opponent whenever he wants, but he doesn't.

However, I feel he still has the amateur mindset and thinks in terms of points. I think he would benefit from having a good professional trainer in his corner along with his current team, just to bring a stronger professional strategy and not an amateur one.

I would like to see them slow Lomanchenko down now and let him get some more experience and try to settle his style to suite the professional ranks. He has great defense, punches with authority, and just has great boxing skills all around. He gave Russell a bad beating that last round and I think he did the same to Salido the last round, too. I think he could have done that a lot earlier in the fight, though.

Comment

Rigo schools him

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                Rigo schools him
                Dude stfu he schooled the guy u wanted to win and pretty easily

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                  Rigo schools him
                  So many insecure people in this site. Whenever a fighter puts on a great display the immediate childish response is to proclaim "(insert relevant fighter) schools
                  him"

My advice is to go back rewatch the fight, for one fight pretend your unbiased towards either guy, and analyze what a fantastic boxer Loma is. Then you'd realize that even if Rigo would be rightfully favored he would have a difficult time beating him.
                  Last edited by Dinamita 03; 06-22-2014, 01:50 AM.

Comment

I have watched a lot of Lomachenko's amateur fights and I thought his stamina was his only flaw. I've seen him get tired in three rounders. This is probably one of the reason why he wasn't letting his hands go in the Salido fight. He was trying to pace himself for his first ever twelve round fight. He started faster this time, and he took a few rounds off. His style demands a lot of energy though and if you watch the rounds where he hurt Russell with vicious bodyshots, there's no way he can fight at this pace the whole fight. Lomachenko is an offensive fighter, but he has a good defense and is very light on his feet. He should improve his stamina if he wants to throw fast combinations with more regularity and at times just use his footwork and pick his spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
                      So many insecure people in this site. Whenever a fighter puts on a great display the immediate childish response is to proclaim "(insert relevant fighter) schools
                      him"

My advice is to go back rewatch the fight, for one fight pretend your unbiased towards either guy, and analyze what a fantastic boxer Loma is. Then you'd realize that even if Rigo would be rightfully favored he would have a difficult time beating him.
                      The title of the thread is loma won't lose again. I think rigo beats him. Relax

Comment

Working...
                      X