Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Besides Lennox when was the last time anyone tested Vitali's chin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Besides Lennox when was the last time anyone tested Vitali's chin?

I can't think of a single opponent since Lewis that really caught Vitali square on his jaw. I vaguely remember Sanders trying to test it but not having any success. Vitali has been credited with a solid chin but I'm starting to wonder if the legend has outgrown reality.

Sanders buzzed him quite badly. It was arguably a knockdown. No one else really.

Comment

Sanders rocked him, and if he'd been in shape he most likely would've KO'd him. He tired out fast as hell though, really poor conditioning.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
        Sanders rocked him, and if he'd been in shape he most likely would've KO'd him. He tired out fast as hell though, really poor conditioning.
        Hard to judge really because both the Klits have this leaning, awkward style that makes incoming punches look worse. I remember sanders going at him but Vitali stood up to the attack.

Comment

I vaguely remember Chisora landing a number of flush shots.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
            I vaguely remember Chisora landing a number of flush shots.

Will have to rewatch but from memory it was as one-sided as anything and Arreola was nothing but a punchbag who landed virtually nothing.

Comment

[QUOTE=dan_cov;13553670]Will have to rewatch but from memory it was as one-sided as anything/QUOTE]

Chisora had Vitali gasping for air and desperate for the fight to end.

Comment

Meh ignore that I read it as Arreola for some reason

But yeah Chisora fought very well that night & landed a lot of flush shots to head and body

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  Meh ignore that I read it as Arreola for some reason

But yeah Chisora fought very well that night & landed a lot of flush shots to head and body
                  Right. I'm not saying Vitali hasn't been touched on the chin but I can't recall anyone since Lewis catching him just right and turning his legs to jelly. Chrisora did not do that to my recollection despite landing some decent shots.

Comment

Isnt it weird that Vitali has a really hard chin and Wlad is sorta chinny.

Comment

Working...
                    X