Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto's reaction at the end showed he didn't think he'd won. But I agree the judges scores were too harsh against Cotto and while Floyd won it was probably closer than the scores suggest. If that's what Cotto's protesting about (which I'm sure it is judging from his reaction at the end) then it's reasonable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
      No, he is not. They are literally a couple of pounds apart.
      lol couple of lbs...jmm and pac are about the same..is floyd only a couple lbs biggger than jmm?

Comment

• Of course age is going to set in when you're 35 years old. Floyd still looked good.

Comment

• Originally posted by mesher View Post
          wonder how he missed the fact that both Margarito and Pac found uppercuts to be Cotto's weakness yet it took Floyd till round 10-11 to figure this out?
          Mayweather was landing that uppercut consistently in the middle rounds.

Comment

• Marquez blatantly got robbed in front of millions, so why is it a surprise that it happened to Cotto? No Cotto did not beat Mayweather as Marquez beat Pacquiao, yet the scores, suggest robbery in an ethical sense. It is what it is. You're not beating Mayweather or Pacquiao until the two face each other, or one of them is ready to go. Cotto lost, but the fight was closer than the scorecards suggested, which is where his frustration might stem from. Honestly, I don't pay attention to scorecards. Boxing can be dirty and manipulated for the viewers, or in shorter words boxing can be full of ****.

Comment

• Age has touched him...that and 154 + 10oz gloves add in.

I really believe that the Pac fight not happening mixed with the bad guy image has forced him to change his fighting style...either fight younger guys that ppl aren't very familiar with, box let the Floyd we're used to and eventually take a hit ppv wise (ppl don't appreciate the sweet science) or stand and trade more, giving guys more of a punchers chance, and make the crowd happy...smart bcuz it'll be easier to sell the next fight with ppl knowing that he's willing to mix it up more. Everyone knows that if he goes back to strict boxing then its not much fun to watch bcuz opponents really don't have a chance!

Comment

• I find it supiscioius to believe that he was only 147 on saturday after looking at least the same size if not bigger than Cotto who was probablly around 165

Why didn't floyd just step on the unofficial scale the day of the fight like when Pac did against Margarito and you had third party proof that he weighed what he said. In the Pac Marg case it was 148-165 which is 17 pounds and Pac not only won every round but broke his fu**ing face in half

Comment

• fighters with ripped bodies generally look bigger than the ones that don't in the same weight class.

Comment

• lol if cotto loses by tko.. must of been loaded wraps.
                    lose by decision... corrupted judges???
                    silly.

Comment

• Fighters who rehydrate 10 to 15 pounds in 36 hrs DO NOT COME IN THREE POUNDS under the assigned weight limit.

Comment

Working...
                      X