Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The name Alan Shearer is synonymous with Newcastle FC. Alan Shearer is the greatest player ever to pull on an English and Newcastle shirt. He's right up there alongside Diego Maradona, Ferenc Puskas, Stanley Matthews, Bryan Robson, Eric Cantona, Dennis Law, Kevin Keegan, Kenny Dalglish as pioneers of the game. All these guys are cut from a different cloth to all these modern 'punks' who are spoon fed i.e. Rooney, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho etc etc.

Kevin Keegan should do everything in his power to get Alan back playing because they sure could use Shearer now. He'd come out of retirement and still put a beating on teams. All these accolades don't make Alan Shearer who he is, he makes them what they are.

Comment

• Originally posted by col Blake View Post
      has Diatta signed for the toon, and does anyone know what he's like?.
      He is an average RB, better than Carr, but not as good as Beye. We have 3 Senegal defenders now.

Comment

• Originally posted by RiZOOM View Post
        He is an average RB, better than Carr, but not as good as Beye. We have 3 Senegal defenders now.
        even with 3 Senegal defenders communication is still a problem.

Comment

• Newcastle linked with Sevilla’s 27-year-old striker Luis Fabiano, a very quick and strong player.
          Newcastle sack chief scout Steve Walsh, and replace him with a top European, with the task of combing Spain etc.

Bounmouth looks like they will accept Newcastle's offer for Sam Vogts, with Newcastle lending the player back for a season.

Comment

• Fabiano is an awesome player.

I've had a tenner acca today...The big four with Nottm Forest and MK Dons all to win. Returns £80

Comment

• I don't want to upset any Newcastle fans because I like the club. I know you guys love Keegan but does anyone out there feel you have made a mistake by hiring him.

Comment

• Originally posted by evo View Post
                I don't want to upset any Newcastle fans because I like the club. I know you guys love Keegan but does anyone out there feel you have made a mistake by hiring him.
                time will tell, but who else out there, who's available would be better, plus the state of the club could they get Jose or Hiddink, we should have got Sven at the start of the season, O'neil said the club was to big for him, Sir Bob should never have got the sack and should just be just leaving the club now, big Sam should never have got the Job the players he brough in were second rate at best, Keegan can't get the blame for the team as it is now, judge him at the end of next season hopfully still in the Prem.
                we need 4 wins out of the last nine and with only 3 games at home could be tricky, hope we stuff the brummies on Mon night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brunswick Assassin View Post
                  The name Alan Shearer is synonymous with Newcastle FC. Alan Shearer is the greatest player ever to pull on an English and Newcastle shirt. He's right up there alongside Diego Maradona, Ferenc Puskas, Stanley Matthews, Bryan Robson, Eric Cantona, Dennis Law, Kevin Keegan, Kenny Dalglish as pioneers of the game. All these guys are cut from a different cloth to all these modern 'punks' who are spoon fed i.e. Rooney, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho etc etc.

Kevin Keegan should do everything in his power to get Alan back playing because they sure could use Shearer now. He'd come out of retirement and still put a beating on teams. All these accolades don't make Alan Shearer who he is, he makes them what they are.
                  how are these punks spoon fed?

Comment

• great points col. big sam ****ed up massive shame as newcastle are potentially and should be by now a fantastic team with a few trophies in the cabinet. i like keegan anfield legend. he just said before he signed he was no longer interested in football and does not watch it. is he still in touch??? and he has always been a nearly man in terms of managment.

Comment

• Originally posted by evo View Post
                      great points col. big sam ****ed up massive shame as newcastle are potentially and should be by now a fantastic team with a few trophies in the cabinet. i like keegan anfield legend. he just said before he signed he was no longer interested in football and does not watch it. is he still in touch??? and he has always been a nearly man in terms of managment.
                      strange though it seems, we Geordies don't dream of winning the League or the European cup, the FA cup yes, but most of all we want to watch the old Keegan brand football, as long as we are happy on a sat night because we played breathtaking football. That would do me, great nights in Europe,some of the best games I've been to were in Europe, mixing with the locals before and after the game in the local bars, France, Germany, Italy, Holland and Spain, no bother or trouble that Man U seem to get, just a good laugh and an even better drink.

Comment

Working...
                      X