No announcement yet.

Cotto to Face Maravilla; Used Canelo to Drive up Guarantee Like a Boss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exciterx30 View Post
    That smiling thing is part of the swagger. He would crack a smile, hurt or not. Even when Mosley TKO'ed him Margarito was trying to smile. Yes, he had a great chin but the bravado was to hide whenever he was hurt.
    i agree, i just cant think of many fighters of the last few years that could take a shot like margarito could.

Comment

Originally posted by DislikeESVideos
      Quote:

Originally Posted by ImStillHere

How can anyone be this stupid? Could Sergio hurt Margs when they fought?
      Who lasted longer? Martinez or Cotto?

You ****ing idiot, Martinez was very green and at 147...

Cotto has no stamina, doesn't react well to getting hit with big shots and is SMALL compared to Martinez.

I am not sure what weight it will be at but if at 160 he's DEFINITELY LOSING.

I'll give you 5-1 odds.
      5-1 odds? I'll be more than happy to take your pts.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by DislikeESVideos View Post
        Martinez will kill him. Cotto is a small guy, he won't deal witht he size and speed.

When Cotto faced Magarito, he couldn't hurt him and I feel that he can't hurt Martinez.
        Margarito is a better aggressor than Martinez and is willing to put himself out there to land the leather. Martinez doesn't move nearly as well as he used to, Cotto can definitely outbox him.

Comment

Originally posted by DislikeESVideos View Post
          You ****ing idiot, Martinez was very green and at 147...

Cotto has no stamina, doesn't react well to getting hit with big shots and is SMALL compared to Martinez.

I am not sure what weight it will be at but if at 160 he's DEFINITELY LOSING.

I'll give you 5-1 odds.
          Okay whatever! If you wanna do a bet for my points okay but there aren't much for me to bet. Can't wait to see Cotto's Jab busting Sergio's face. Sergio never fought anyone elite and this fight will show it.

Anyone give me a donation so I can take this guys points?
          Last edited by ImStillHere; 12-05-2013, 10:16 AM.

Comment

the young canelo fight will always be there. and cotto can demand the lion share, win or lose to martinez.

canelo needs cotto, not the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
              the young canelo fight will always be there. and cotto can demand the lion share, win or lose to martinez.

Sorry to tell you but Canelo needs no one. He could do a Chris John and only fight in mexico against journeymen and bums and he'd still make a million+ a fight. It's Cotto that wants the Canelo payday before he retires and thats coming from a huge Cotto fan.

Comment

Originally posted by ImStillHere View Post
                Sorry to tell you but Canelo needs no one. He could do a Chris John and only fight in mexico against journeymen and bums and he'd still make a million+ a fight. It's Cotto that wants the Canelo payday before he retires and thats coming from a huge Cotto fan.
                Good business is to get both fights. You lose to Canelo there is no way you can justify fighting for the lineal MW championship. You lose to Martinez, you can go back down to 154, fight somebody like Gabe Rosado and recreate the hype for a Canelo fight.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post

cotto loses to sergio and canelo will go for sergio not cotto, dont forget that cotto is cashing his last fights and canelo has the future on his side.... and if the fight gets made cotto wont get the same amount...

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                    Good business is to get both fights. You lose to Canelo there is no way you can justify fighting for the lineal MW championship. You lose to Martinez, you can go back down to 154, fight somebody like Gabe Rosado and recreate the hype for a Canelo fight.
                    Oh of course! I imagine that is the plan exactly. I'm just saying that Canelo doesn't need Cotto he just wants the name on his resume. I think Cotto beats them both

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                      Good point but if Martinez wins and Canelo rebounds from the Floyd loss they could face each Other bypassing Cotto. Both have already expressed interest and it's likely to happen if they both win.
                      Good business move by Cotto if this is true , I can't see him winning this fight to be honest the siZe difference is no joke. Much respect for taking on the middleweight champ. Cotto will put up a good fight cause he always does ,but that Rodriguez win was fools gold IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X