No announcement yet.

Cotto to Face Maravilla; Used Canelo to Drive up Guarantee Like a Boss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    Martinez had a very limited..VERY LIMITED...amateur career and only had about 16 pro fights or so before the Margs fight. That is completely different to facing Cotto who was at the pinnacle of his career. Had Sergio fought Margarito in 2011 or so, he would have utterly destroyed him with ease.
    Real talk bro.

Comment

Martinez off a year long layoff and physical therapy vs GGG is a worst fight than Martinez be Cotto.

Comment

Sergio better be ready for a world class jab coming at him for 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by DislikeESVideos View Post
          Martinez will kill him. Cotto is a small guy, he won't deal witht he size and speed.

When Cotto faced Magarito, he couldn't hurt him and I feel that he can't hurt Martinez.
          Margarito was only dropped by Mosley and he was not in that fight mentally. Sergio has been dropped IN EVERYONE of his major fights that I can think of. Paul Williams down, Pavlik down, Chavez down. Those guys are a lot bigger than Cotto (Williams DOES NOT hit harder than Cotto btw) but you are on drugs if you think Cotto can't hurt Sergio. Sergio is just taller than Cotto they come into the ring at the same weight about 165 each, Sergio maybe slighter bigger.

People need to chill on the Martinez nut riding... the guy is not a slick boxer and he gets hit a lot. He fights like Roy Jones, not like Floyd Mayweather and Sergio will be 38 when he fights Cotto... If you are dropping your hands in front of the best jab you've ever faced and your reaction time is slowed... He also has a bum leg, a bad hand and wouldn't have fought in a year and half. I'll take Cotto not by much, but I still think Cotto got this.

Comment

Personally, this was the fight I wanted to see. Canelo vs. Cotto was just not intriguing enough cause nothing was on the line. Canelo lost his title in embarrassing fashion.

Against Martinez, Cotto is fighting to enhance his legacy. He's fighting for a belt, and he's fighting to be the first Puerto Rican boxer to be a 4 division champion.

Comment

Cotto/Canelo is a toss up. Cotto/Sergio is a TERRIBLE fight for Cotto. Unless Sergio is completely shot to sheeeeeeeeit Cotto matches up really bad with him. Sergio will turn Cotto's face into hamburger. Awful idea for Miguel. Smart move for Sergio obviously. He finally gets a huge money name and he matches up with him perfectly.

Comment

Oh *****, what a matchup.

Comment

Working...
                X