Dwyer: "Maidana rematch is a joke, should be Thurman, Matthysse or Pacquiao"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dwyer should slap himself for saying Lucas

Comment

Thurman still has to prove himself before getting at Mayweather and Matthysse still has to climb his way back considering he lost to Danny Garcia and almost lost to Molina Jr.

Comment

I don't agree with what and the way Dwyer said what he said .....

What happened in the 2nd half of the fight was that Maidana couldn't keep up the pace and gassed out a bit in the 2nd half of the fight. Though, the judges gave Maidana 3 different rounds in the 2nd half of the fight. Unfortunately for Maidana, not all 3 were consistently in agreement with all 3 rounds!

The big problem in all this that I see is that Maidana has consistently shown that he slows down as the fight progresses. Same happened with Broner and others. So if Maidana wins 5 of 6 first rounds, no judge will actually give him all 5 rounds because his opponent is named Floyd Mayweather ..... so that means that Maidana has to stay consistent throughout the fight. Again, historically, he hasn't ...... So this would be the reason why a rematch may be a waste ...... Maidana will not get the benefit of the doubt by these judges.

Comment

I still think Thurman would do really well against Mayweather. The only problem is that he hasn't done enough to get the fight since everyone keeps ducking him since he's a high risk low reward fight at the moment. Thurman needs one or two good wins against guys like Porter, Guerrero or Alexander before people except that fight. If it happens in September no one would buy it because casual fans don't know who Thurman is yet.

Comment

Thurman needs a belt before challenging Floyd. He's a contender and needs a strap and it's a deal after that.

Comment

Working...
            X