Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Past Prime Ali(Foreman,Frazier III DAYS) vs both Klitschko's resume. What happens?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Past Prime Ali(Foreman,Frazier III DAYS) vs both Klitschko's resume. What happens?

I'm not talking about the prime lightning fast supreme reflexes Ali of 63-67. I'm talking about the past prime version who fought Prime Foreman,Norton,Frazier III. How will he do against BOTH Klitschko's resumes?

Past Prime 37 Year old out of shape but still very elite Lennox Lewis. 6'5
    David Haye 6'2
    Chris Arreloa 6'3
    Samuel Peter 6'1
    Derek Chisora 6'0
    Mariuz Wach 6'8
    Chris Byrd 6'0
    38 Year old Corrie Sanders 6'4
    Sultan Ibragimov 6'1
    Tony Thompson 6'5
    Eddie Chambers. 6'0
    Lamont Brewster 6'1
    Ross Purrity 6'3

I honestly think that version of Ali will lose to the old Lennox that fought Vitali. I think he will struggle a bit with Chris Byrd mainly due to styles. Haye will be a relatively boring replay of the Wlad vs Haye fight. Probably 9-3 Ali.

It is interesting to see that the majority of K2's opponents are either around Ali's height or actually shorter.
    He beats every single fighter klitschkos fought
    59.09%
    He only loses to Old Lennox
    27.27%
    He loses 2
    4.55%
    He lose 3 or more
    9.09%

I'd say his prime was 64-67. From 70-75 he was past prime/still good though. After the 3rd Frazier fight, he was a shell of himself, and still won against Shavers and had close fights with Young and Norton again.

Anyways, a 32-33 year old Ali in 74-75 beats them all.

Comment

wach is so tall! how could ali the midget ever beat him?

Comment

Would Ali be allowed to cheat every 10 secs like Wlad? If yes then he beats all apart from Lewis.

Comment

Why does anyone think a 37 year old out of shape Lennox could beat a still good, though not prime, 32-33 year old Ali??? I mean Ali beat Frazier twice, Foreman, and Lyle around this time, and he couldn't handle an old out of shape Lennox???

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            Why does anyone think a 37 year old out of shape Lennox could beat a still good, though not prime, 32-33 year old Ali??? I mean Ali beat Frazier twice, Foreman, and Lyle around this time, and he couldn't handle an old out of shape Lennox???
            Maybe because Ali no longer had his foot speed and lewis would have the advantage in every department. Power, size, reach, and was a damn good fighter that wouldn't fall in to Ali's traps.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
              Maybe because Ali no longer had his foot speed and lewis would have the advantage in every department. Power, size, reach, and was a damn good fighter that wouldn't fall in to Ali's traps.
              He wasn't the same guy he was in his prime or even in 70-71, but he could still fight. Lennox was way out of shape when he fought Vitali, Ali didn't really get out of shape until after the time period TS was talking about.

This was Ali in early 74' against Frazier in their second fight. Ali was still pretty damn good, though not what he was before obviously. I'd favor that Ali over that Lennox by decision.

Comment

That Lewis vs That Ali is a thread of it's own

Obviously Ali beats everyone else though

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  He wasn't the same guy he was in his prime or even in 70-71, but he could still fight. Lennox was way out of shape when he fought Vitali, Ali didn't really get out of shape until after the time period TS was talking about.

This was Ali in early 74' against Frazier in their second fight. Ali was still pretty damn good, though not what he was before obviously. I'd favor that Ali over that Lennox by decision.
                  Thread starter said Foreman and after when he had clearly lost his foot speed.

Lewis stops him.

Comment

Lewis doesn't stop Ali when he could still fight. 76-80......that's a different story. Ali's last fight where he could fight was Ali-Frazier III.

I thought we were talking just 74-75 in general, that time period. If we were talking a late 90's or even a 00' Lennox, I'd say he beats a 74-75 Ali. But Lennox wasn't much at the point of the Vitali fight. He still had his power, Ali could handle power though. Ali also would still have a noticeable speed advantage, even at 32-33 years old. I'd favor Ali by a close and competitive decision.

It's all opinions though.

Comment

Working...
                    X