Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by egreezy View Post
    his last interview he predicted pavlik win over hopkins
    well then Joe!

Joe a real flip flopper! Obama and McCain style!

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
      "Pavlik, who is he? He might get his ass kicked by Hopkins" cheers Joe!!
      Originally posted by egreezy View Post
      his last interview he predicted pavlik win over hopkins
      Think about that quote though. Joe claims he offered Pavlik a fight after he beat Lacy. If that's true, why would he say this?

Cause Pavlik was 'worthy' back in 2004, but now all of a sudden he's not? That doesn't jive.

Who is Pavlik? He's the guy who you SUPPOSEDLY offered a fight twice to.

Comment

Calzaghe is obviously scared ****less as he talks trash about Pavlik and at the same time is quick to say he will almost positively retire after this fight with an over the hill RJJ. JC isn't stupid he knows a fight with Pavlik won't be a slap fight like the one he had with Hopkins. He better retire before Pavlik exposes him for what he is; a total fraud

Comment

at all the people saying Pav will expose Joe. More like the other way round. Pav wont get near him.

Comment

Originally posted by louvigs View Post
            Calzaghe is obviously scared ****less as he talks trash about Pavlik and at the same time is quick to say he will almost positively retire after this fight with an over the hill RJJ. JC isn't stupid he knows a fight with Pavlik won't be a slap fight like the one he had with Hopkins. He better retire before Pavlik exposes him for what he is; a total fraud
            I would not call Joe C. a fraud nor would I say he is scared of Pavlik. One thing I would say is that he is one contradicting mother-F'er. How do you say that you offered Pavlik and fight and then say he is not worthy? How do you say that you are not interrested in fighting Jones and now your pop says that you have been asking for it for a while?

I think that Joe took the Jones fight thinking that he will get major credit + major money for the easier win and ride off into the sunset. The problem is that I think Jones is the harder fight for Joe stylistically. I would not be shocked if Jones made this look alot easier than expected and if he even plays with Joe a little with his superior reflexes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimateboxa View Post
              Does anybody know when the 24/7 starts?
              3 weeks before, on a Sunday Night I believe

Comment

Originally posted by KingoftheAnts View Post
                at all the people saying Pav will expose Joe. More like the other way round. Pav wont get near him.
                Read the news before posting Ant...

"Calzaghe has been a great champion and I want to test myself against him," said Pavlik. "I truly believe boxing fans all over the world are demanding a Pavlik-Calzaghe fight.
                "I will do everything I can to make it happen and deliver a good, honest fight. I hear that Calzaghe is a straight guy, a man of the people, and that is exactly what I am." - Pavlik

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/more-s...8487-20656404/

"I'm coming for him - and I just hope he hangs around long enough to fight me," Pavlik warned during his post-fight interview.
                Pavlik also plans to fly to New York to watch the Calzaghe-Jones fight and then he hopes to be able to sit down with Calzaghe to plan their fight.

Last edited by anonymousboxing; 09-24-2008, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Here is why Joe Calzaghe asks "Kelly Pavlik, who is he?":

11 years ago Joe Calzaghe first came to the attention of the wider boxing world at the age of 25 by defeating aging but still capable Chris Eubank in a fight for the vacant SMW title. Since then he has notched up 21 defences, remained undefeated, unified his division and captured the linear title in another weight class.

About a year or so ago Kelly Pavlik first came to the attention of the wider boxing world at the age of 25 by defeating Jermain Taylor who himself had defeated aging but still capable Bernard Hopkins in a fight for the MW world title. Since then he has defeated Taylor in a non-title rematch and made a single defence against unheralded Gary Lockett.

That's why Joe asks who Kelly is.

Comment

Originally posted by abadger View Post
                    Here is why Joe Calzaghe asks "Kelly Pavlik, who is he?":

11 years ago Joe Calzaghe first came to the attention of the wider boxing world at the age of 25 by defeating aging but still capable Chris Eubank in a fight for the vacant SMW title. Since then he has notched up 21 defences, remained undefeated, unified his division and captured the linear title in another weight class.

About a year or so ago Kelly Pavlik first came to the attention of the wider boxing world at the age of 25 by defeating Jermain Taylor who himself had defeated aging but still capable Bernard Hopkins in a fight for the MW world title. Since then he has defeated Taylor in a non-title rematch and made a single defence against unheralded Gary Lockett.

That's why Joe asks who Kelly is.
                    Would a real champ at the weight not want to unify titles way before 18-20 defenses against limited and meaningless competition? I would think he would have wanted to call out other title holders to unify and clear up the division before thinking he was anything dynamic. It took Jeff Lacy (BUM) to get the nerve up to fight the big boys. Don't try to spice it up, he still fought nobodies until the last few years. Take a look at his own quote in there where he makes a remark about Kessler and acually wanting to fight better fighters. That came straight from your hero's mouth. What will you say about that? Will you defend his statement because he cannot? Pavlik has fought (1) slouch out of his first (3) defenses from a mandatory. What was Joe's excuse for fighting 18 bums out of 21 defenses, including not fighting the champ in a rematch? Roy will end the Pavlik-Calzaghe talk anyways. Joe will want a Jones rematch after Nov. 8th. That is my promise to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase8400 View Post
                      Would a real champ at the weight not want to unify titles way before 18-20 defenses against limited and meaningless competition? I would think he would have wanted to call out other title holders to unify and clear up the division before thinking he was anything dynamic. It took Jeff Lacy (BUM) to get the nerve up to fight the big boys. Don't try to spice it up, he still fought nobodies until the last few years. Take a look at his own quote in there where he makes a remark about Kessler and acually wanting to fight better fighters. That came straight from your hero's mouth. What will you say about that? Will you defend his statement because he cannot? Pavlik has fought (1) slouch out of his first (3) defenses from a mandatory. What was Joe's excuse for fighting 18 bums out of 21 defenses, including not fighting the champ in a rematch? Roy will end the Pavlik-Calzaghe talk anyways. Joe will want a Jones rematch after Nov. 8th. That is my promise to you.
                      Calzaghe fought the former WBC, IBF and WBA champions during his SMW reign. You should realise that the WBO was not regarded as one of the 'big 4' back then and the other three would strip their champs before allowing the WBO champ the legitimisation of taking their title too. This happened to Naseem Hamed on more than one occasion.

Calzaghe took nine years from his title win to fight his first unification bout, Hopkins took seven, and he did not have to overcome the handicap of being from the UK.

Comment

Working...
                      X