Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They sold us short, us fans deserved more.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo had no answers. Mayweather was in the pocket the entire time. He backed him up plenty of times. Mayweather was there to be hit. Canelo just wasn't good enough to hit him. Not sure what more you want from Mayweather.

Comment

This sport is called boxing, not brawling or even fighting, for a reason.

If you can't appreciate the application of intelligence and skill to the sport, and just want to see two idiots taking turns punching each other in the face until one of them is knocked on the floor, take your $75 down to the seediest local bar next weekend and chances are you'll get what you're looking for.

And if you want to stop selling yourself short, maybe one day you'll join in on the action. I doubt you'll do it, but once you've actually been hit in the face a few times, chances are you'll develop a better understanding of why most elite fighters respect their opponents, strategize and don't just throw caution to the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
        neither has bearing on the other? have you ****ing ever competed before where you needed to be in weigh ins?

2 pounds will kill you no matter wtf you weigh in the next day lol. IDIOTS
        I'm not underestimating the struggles of making weight. But I think your over exaggerating the fact that 1 lb difference from his last fight would change the whole outcome of the fight. I highly doubt that 1 lb difference would have Canelo ****ing Mayweather up.

Comment

What ?I actually thought this was the first time that Floyd stood his ground compared to his usual movement Floyd fights usually look like the 12th round entirely. This fight was surprising in two ways, 1 Canelo thinking he would win by trying to outbox Floyd, which is if you ask me the stupidest Game plan they could have come up with. And 2 Floyd standing right in front of Canelo and Canelo still not landing **** but glancing blows couldn't even hit the body clean. Why blame Floyd for being too good? How anyone can blame a fighter for being way better than his opposition is beyond me, how about blaming Canelo for not being good enough to make it a competitive fight.

You Tomato Can and Punching Bag fans are getting ridiculous, blame the guy who doesn't get hit and hits the opponent more for not making it interesting? What the fk you want him to do let Canelo hit him? ......If anything the reasoning here should be "this fking guy was too good for Canelo and resulted being boring because Canelo wasn't being effective and Floyd who is not a Knockout artist was". By your flawed ass logic you could also argue and get mad at Canelo for not making it interesting by not getting knocked out by Floyds powerless pot shots.
          Last edited by DannYankee; 09-15-2013, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Go to a tough man contest im sure that will give you the entertainment you yearn to see

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
              I'm not underestimating the struggles of making weight. But I think your over exaggerating the fact that 1 lb difference from his last fight would change the whole outcome of the fight. I highly doubt that 1 lb difference would have Canelo ****ing Mayweather up.
              1 lb makes a huge difference.

just cause he was 153 for nobody trout lol means he can make 152 for p4p#1 King floyd mayweather and still perform better then he did in the trout fight where he barley won and was gassed since round 5 LOL.

Weight Classes exist for a REASON!.

And could have Canelo fucked up canelo at 154? we will never know right? Obviously mayweather didnt have that much faith or else the fight would have took place their.
              Last edited by ElBossHogg™; 09-15-2013, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Micka View Post
                  Of course I expected a boring 12 round bout from Mayweathers side. I wasn't surprised with the result. But it seems the more expensive the fights are, they less they actually fight. They sold us short, we deserve more.

No, I'm not a butt hurt Mexican who thinks Mayweather didn't demonstrate domination, on the contrary. But I'm simply left with an empty stomach for more action. I refuse to call what Mayweather seems to always do a, "masterpiece", which imo he's far from. Accurate? Yes. Quick? Yes. But why do true boxing fans pay $80 to see someone jab & run all night? It's absurd. I refuse to respect a boxer who uses his feet more than his hands & calls himself the best ever. They sold us short, we deserve more.

I guess I'm a fan who loves to watch a fight at its best from both corners. But admittingly, all the trash talking, all the media, all the promo they do doesn't reflect how fight night goes, most of the time. The more expensive fight, the less they actually fight. Often times, I think to myself 'boxing has to be nothing but a long never ending soap opera controlled by Vegas. Will Mayweather ever lose? Who knows. But what I do know is that after generating this amount off fighting Canelo, they will fight again. After all Money May loves money & fighting any other boxer but the biggest rising star (even after his loss) won't satisfy his ambition. But this time around, they sold us short, we deserve more.

Just food for thought, I guess.
                  You saw Floyd running and jabbing? It looked to me that Canelo felt the speed and power of Floyd, and decided to be the counterpuncher.

Comment

You people regurgitate the same nonsensical argument after every Mayweather fight. If you expected Mayweather to win another "boring" ud, then why would shell out your hard-earned money to see him fight? You are the same type of dude Mayweather laughs at because you continue to pay for his events even though you're not really a fan of him or his style.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                      neither has bearing on the other? have you fucking ever competed before where you needed to be in weigh ins?

2 pounds will kill you no matter wtf you weigh in the next day lol. IDIOTS

theirs weigth classes for a fucking reason.

So you basically saying hatton and floyd are the same?
                      You're the biggest cry baby, and the biggest hypocrite on this site right about now

Comment

Working...
                      X