No announcement yet.

Brian Vera to be Golovkin's mandatory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    Whats funny is that guy Sergio Cherry picked is actually worse then Vera. Lets see who steps up against Golovkin because at this point every MW ranked above him is avoiding him. I dont really wanna see this fight
    Dzinziruk was shot to pieces when Vera got to him and you yourself said Martinez v. Dzinziruk was a 50/50 fight (this was already discussed in another thread).

Vera is a decent pressure fighter, he might bring the fight to GGG and maybe test him a bit. I would much have rather Golovkin have fought the likes of Rubio, Vera, Lemieux, Bursak, Adama, Guerrero, Zbik, etc. instead of his actual run of opponents: Lajuan Simon, Makoto Fuchigami, Proksa, Rosado, and Ishida. Proksa is the only decent opponent out of that lot...

Ideally I would hope Golovkin can fight at least two of the following before the year is done: Geale, Quillin, Macklin, Pirog, Rubio, Barker, Chavez Jr. Then we may be able to truly assess how good he is, but as long as he's fighting the Makoto's and Ishida's of this world we won't.

Comment

You certainly did not watch the fight, Vera was beating his ass all night, he was winning 88-81 on every card. But of course you'll make up crap to discredit him now that he's a possible Golovkin opponent
      I certainly watched the fight and Dzinziruk started pretty bad, but was winning the last rounds, the fight was nothing close to 88-81. Maybe just because of the two knockdowns in the first round the fight wasn't closer, but I'm pretty sure it was a lot closer than 88-81.

I thought Dzinziruk was going to get KOd early but he didn't and Vera started to slow down. Serhy got tired and that's why he god knocked out in the end.

Oh and I don't give a fuck if we're talking about GGG or not, he's not a contender for the MW championship, period. He could've been fighting Martínez, GGG, Geale or whoever and he still is not a good challenger.
      Last edited by vacon04; 03-04-2013, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
        But should that be on HBO? That's the question. Maybe as an undercard, but I don't believe it's main event worthy. Admittedly their standards have dropped.
        I've seen worse title fights on boxing after dark.

Lol David Lemiuex? What are you typing
        This dude is on crack. Lemieux a tougher opponent than Vera...SMH
        Last edited by Light_Speed; 03-04-2013, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          As far as mandatories go, I'm absolutely fine with Vera. The other other fighters I really want to see Golovkin fight are champions of other organizations so they shouldn't be included in the rankings. Out of the available middleweights it's between Vera, Barker, Lee, Khurtsidze, Adama, Lemieux, and Barker, who have not done much recently to differentiate themselves above the pack as far as wins go.

Murray had won the WBA interum belt in his last fight, so that would have been a fair mandatory, but obviously he's giving that up to fight Martinez.
          So Vera is the WBO NABO middleweight title yet is made a mando to golovkin by the WBA. This makes no sense at all, sounds like BS to me

Comment

Based on what? People are going so overboard with Murray just because he's fighting Sergio. He has beat nobody and is getting ridiculous credit for a draw with Sturm. I would bet you have no idea who else Murray has fought other then Sturm, and thats because he hasnt fought anybody. People thought Rees was a bad fight for Broner but this is even worse. He's not even the best fighter in the UK, or even the 2nd best!

Proksa was ranked #9 when he fought him. Maybe if someone in the top 10 didnt avoid him then he would fight on again
            Won't lie, I really don't know much of Murray outside the Sturm fight, which I scored for Sturm. I don't think Murray is a world beater or anything, I just don't think Vera is very good either.

Has N'Dam avoided him?

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              This dude is on crack. Lemieux a tougher opponent than Vera...SMH
              It's not even that, it's that Lemieux handlers wouldn't put him in vs GGG in a million years. I doubt they're ready for Rosado. But thats par for the course for Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
                I certainly watched the fight and Dzinziruk started pretty bad, but was winning the last rounds, the fight was nothing close to 88-81.

I thought Dzinziruk was going to get KOd early but he didn't and Vera started to slow down. Serhy got tired and that's why he god knocked out in the end.
                Dzinzurik was beat down from the opening bell and clearly only won 1 round. You had Sergie outboxing him in the previous post, so you obviously either didnt watch the fight or just deciding to act stupid. He got tired in the end but was winning the last rounds even tho he was knocked down in the last round. Your story makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
                  Dzinziruk was shot to pieces when Vera got to him and you yourself said Martinez v. Dzinziruk was a 50/50 fight (this was already discussed in another thread).

Vera is a decent pressure fighter, he might bring the fight to GGG and maybe test him a bit. I would much have rather Golovkin have fought the likes of Rubio, Vera, Lemieux, Bursak, Adama, Guerrero, Zbik, etc. instead of his actual run of opponents: Lajuan Simon, Makoto Fuchigami, Proksa, Rosado, and Ishida. Proksa is the only decent opponent out of that lot...

Ideally I would hope Golovkin can fight at least two of the following before the year is done: Geale, Quillin, Macklin, Pirog, Rubio, Barker, Chavez Jr. Then we may be able to truly assess how good he is, but as long as he's fighting the Makoto's and Ishida's of this world we won't.
                  Actually Proksa and Rosado are better than some of the guys you listed next to them, not much between them. Obviously a few more fringe guys are willing to fight him now he's got HBO dates, but most of the good boys from your last paragraph already passed, at least once.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
                    I certainly watched the fight and Dzinziruk started pretty bad, but was winning the last rounds, the fight was nothing close to 88-81. Maybe just because of the two knockdowns in the first round the fight wasn't closer, but I'm pretty sure it was a lot closer than 88-81.

Oh and I don't give a fuck if we're talking about GGG or not, he's not a contender for the MW championship, period. He could've been fighting Martínez, GGG, Geale or whoever and he still is not a good challenger.
                    How can he fight those guys when they're all ducking him. You're just another hater who knows nothing of the situation so you're just trying you're best to discredit him every way possible. I mean you just said Dzin was outboxing Vera

Comment

Dzinzurik was beat down from the opening bell and clearly only won 1 round. You had Sergie outboxing him in the previous post, so you obviously either didnt watch the fight or just deciding to act stupid. He got tired in the end but was winning the last rounds even tho he was knocked down in the last round. Your story makes no sense.
                      Oh so you got knocked down in the last round and that means that you couldn't be winning the previous rounds? Yeah that makes a lot more sense.

I guess Martinez was actually losing vs Chavez Jr because he got tired and was knocked down in the last round.

Comment

Working...
                      X