No announcement yet.

If Miguel Cotto was a GBP fighter....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    At that time Margarito offered him his highest career payday. Yea bringing nothing to the table.

If Marg was a nobody to you then one you really not into boxing or was just not following the WW division at the turn of the century.

By the time Marg sign to fight P-Will Floyd was RETIRED. By the time the fight happen there was no way no matter if Marg won that fight would of happen cuz Marg was on the track to fight Cotto and Floyd-Arum at that time were going to court. So stop it.

Again the only 2 fighters I would say Floyd ever avoided is Johnston and Margarito. Only Floyd nuthuggers truly disagree with that statement.
    i knew who margarito was but no one around me knew who he was so how was he known?i knew people who barely watch boxing but they knew who baldomir was because they knew who judah was.
    margarito didn't offer nothing because he had nothing to offer bob offerd floyd 8 mil but bob also said that shane turned down the 8 mil but if you knew as much as you think you do you would know that there was a espn article where arum said floyd was willin to fight margo but he wanted 10 mill guarented for fights with hatton and cotto and arum said he couldn't promise floyd that so floyd went on to fight judah bought out his contract fought the lineal champ in baldoimir for 8 mil than went a made bunch of money fighting oscar.
    floyd retired right before the cotto margo fight and that was like 3 fights after the margo williams fight so what are you talkin about

Comment

• Doesn't matter if you lock them both in a room with Don King.

Chicken Boy Floyd wouldn't fight a prime Cotto.

No way, No how.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        LOL $8 Mill, WW WBC title, and Lineal/Ring title is not better than $8Mill alone. I see
        Well since Marg who had more of a fan base than Baldomir would of brought in PPV. I think Floyd would have gotten more money than that.

And, would have a win over the best WW at the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by WAR FERGIE View Post
          Who lol?

A cotto brutally beaten by Margarito

and Margarito brutally beaten by Mosley and proven cheat?
          Who? lol?

PAC fought Cotto, and will fight Margarito. The two fighters Floydie dont want to be part of.

Who? lol?

Comment

• Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
            he's known and will likely be in the hall of fame where as no one that margo has beat is considered a hall of famer.so who has margo beat that made him so great?
            I can tell you many people in Margarito resumes' is better than Micky Ward lol

Comment

• Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
              i knew who margarito was but no one around me knew who he was so how was he known?i knew people who barely watch boxing but they knew who baldomir was because they knew who judah was.
              margarito didn't offer nothing because he had nothing to offer bob offerd floyd 8 mil but bob also said that shane turned down the 8 mil but if you knew as much as you think you do you would know that there was a espn article where arum said floyd was willin to fight margo but he wanted 10 mill guarented for fights with hatton and cotto and arum said he couldn't promise floyd that so floyd went on to fight judah bought out his contract fought the lineal champ in baldoimir for 8 mil than went a made bunch of money fighting oscar.
              floyd retired right before the cotto margo fight and that was like 3 fights after the margo williams fight so what are you talkin about
              If you knew what you think you know. You would know that Floyd retired after Oscar, then after the Oscar rematch negotiations went no where.

If you knew what you think you know. On that same ESPN article Floyd was offer 8mil to fight Marg in August. He could of taken that bought out his contract and then fight Baldomir in November.

Winky also turned down 4 or 5mil to fight Marg around the time. Because, he wanted the 8mil that was guaranteed to Floyd. But, you already knew that right?

Comment

• Thats, not the problem, the problem is that Cotto lives in Puerto Rico

Comment

• Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
                  Thats, not the problem, the problem is that Cotto lives in Puerto Rico
                  thats so true hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by 4773Y350NM3 View Post
                    Who? lol?

PAC fought Cotto, and will fight Margarito. The two fighters Floydie dont want to be part of.

Who? lol?
                    And like i said Pac is fighting now that..

One has been brutally koed in 9 and proven a cheat

While the other got a pounding for 11 rounds before being stopped

Don't act like Pac is fighting a Cotto coming of the Mosley win or Margarito coming of his win over Cotto......

Margarito is a proven B level fighter at best aswell

Comment

• Originally posted by WAR FERGIE View Post
                      And like i said Pac is fighting now that..

One has been brutally koed in 9 and proven a cheat

While the other got a pounding for 11 rounds before being stopped

Don't act like Pac is fighting a Cotto coming of the Mosley win or Margarito coming of his win over Cotto......

Margarito is a proven B level fighter at best aswell
                      too easy lol, if all you said is true. Why didnt Mayweather fought each of them?

Easy win right? lol

The fact is PAC fought Cotto and Margarito, and Floydie didnt. lol

Comment

Working...
                      X