Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Calzaghe Fights Kessler...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hes probably the best Joe would have faced.
    Lacy was a one dimensional fighter, Eubank was miles and miles past it and Ried is a good fighter, but nothing great.
    Its between Reid and Kessler.

Comment

Reid was one of the most unlucky fighters, at his best he was quality, he was robbed vs Ottke, that was the worst decision i have ever seen. Reid was getting points taken away for punching! Reid ruined himself really in the end, he became unprofessional it might be because of all the decisions that went against him, he still won the WBC title, but the way he came into a world title fight vs Lacy was shocking. I would say Old Eubank was better but we will see what Kessler has to offer when they both get into the ring then we will know who's is the toughest fighter.

Calzaghe has faced Lacy, Reid, Eubank, Veit, Mitchell, Brewer, Woodhall who are all former world champs. Kessler will the next in line in my view.
      Last edited by majestiC; 06-02-2007, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GunStar View Post
        I'm not saying Kessler resume is better then Barrera, but if you've seen alot of boxers in your life you will know that Kessler is more skilled.

Barrera's great defense sure worked great against Jones or Pac, you probably think Calzaghe and Reid is more skilled then Kessler too.
        I certainly do think that JC and Reid are more skilled than a fighter who's only "mastered" 2 punches, and I use that word fairly loosely. His jab is quick but lacks true pop and isn't particularly accurate and he has a nice fast (telegraphed) right. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear his only training has been watching Rocky 2 on a loop whilst hitting the heavy bag.

Credit to you though, you do make me chuckle sometimes. Jones & Pac are elite level fighters. That **** can happen. I guess JMM, Pep and Benitez must all of had a ****ty defense too.

You want to talk about bad D? Ok, let's talk about the way Kessler's jab goes back to his waist without fail in every fight of his that I've seen. His best weapon will get the **** countered out of it as soon as he faces a top level fighter.

Let's talk about why slow-ass Andrade was able to land on him so easily whenever he managed to peg him in range.

Let's talk about the way he moves straight back from punches with zero head movement.

And finally lets talk about my favourite trait of his, the way his chin heads for the sky every time he throws a left hook to the body. Actually, pretty much everytime he throws the hook full stop. KTFO time, baby.
        Last edited by Cletus Funk; 06-03-2007, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Technical_Skill View Post
          As i said above, a 'past it' eubank is still more dangerous than kessler

and robin reid is more skilled than Kessler, sorry dudes Reid got a SD against JC, Kessler wont even get that.

No,Kessler would KO Calzaghe,get you head out of Calzaghe arse

Comment

I'm absolutely astounded anyone (let alone 50% currently) can think Kessler is the best boxer Calzaghe will have faced. He'd be lucky to make top 5. Very lucky.

Cletus has just posted one definitive deconstruction of Kessler. As I've said before you'll struggle to find a more tailor made opponent for Calzaghe. I gather the "offer" was $5.5m USD plus British TV rights (wouldn't surprise me if they went PPV given Warren's deal with ITV coming to an end) - in which case I'm not surprised they're going over to Danmark for it.

Comment

Originally posted by jangeorg View Post
              You accused me of being a kessler hater before because i said i would prefer Joe to box JT for some reason. Kessler is a badass isnt he Jangeorg. He is a great boxer and very dangerous dane. If Joe beats him, will you give Joe credit and put your head in Joes arse?

Comment

Even though your trying to cuss me, your still one of my favorite posters on NSB, priceless every single time.

Of course come september, if Kessler loses, you have little reason to ever post here again, so im gonna enjoy the novelty value while it lasts.

lol.

Comment

You are genuinely one of the most crazy and delusional posters I've ever seen on bulletin board history.

Comment

whats the betting Joe bottles it, then blames Kesslers camp .

Comment

I think that Kessler will be the best opposition Calzaghe has ever faced unless Calzaghe wins then he will be downgraded to a eurobum with a padded record

Comment

Working...
                      X