Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mayweather Really a "Runner?"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd wasnt even running in the DLH fight. I have no idea where that started. He won the fight in the pocket. If he ran he would have lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Double View Post
      I'm still trying to figure out when he supposedly "ran" in the DLH fight. In rounds 1,5,7,9,10 and 12 he stood right in fron of DLH and even backed him up.
      Oh and by the way, he stalked Zab 5th round on..Zab was after Gatti...he danced on baldimor and stood toe to toe with DLH for at least half the rounds in the fight..including the 12th after the fight was already won..

Comment

How did De la Hoya win the 12th round on 2 of the 3 score cards?

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
          How did De la Hoya win the 12th round on 2 of the 3 score cards?
          I've watched that round about 5 times.....each time I walked away feeling like DLH won that round.DLH was all over him for the first 30 seconds.....Floyd daned around and did little most of the round with the exception of landing that one big right and DLH swarmed him the last 30 seconds.......it was rather easy to give to DLH if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Miksterious View Post
            Its the casual fan you ought to be asking. Not the ones who post on internet boxing discussion forums.

We should be smart enough to know that he's using his technical advantage and his foot-skills to stay out of trouble.
            Obviously many people here still don't know the difference. You yourself just called Mayweather a runner...

Comment

He reminds me of a small Mathew Barney.

Do your roadwork before the fight.

Comment

Floyds sins wank material...

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
                  When I think of runners, I think of Cory Spinks or DLH in the second half of the Trinidad fight. Mayweather uses the ring, but he doesn't run. There's a difference...

yes, he is a runner.

Comment

yes, he is a runner.
                    lol
                    Abrupt and straight to the point!

Comment

No. I said he was commonly considered to be a runner. I also said that Calzaghe was commonly considered to be a slapper and Hatton commonly considered to be a hugger, though I personally dont necessarily believe any of the cases to be as black and white as that.

If I ever call PBF a runner its completely and utterly in response to you unfairly chiding Hatton and Calzaghe for their 'faults'.

Comment

Working...
                      X