Collapse
No announcement yet.

160-175 dawson is the only fighter with a chance to beat joe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a tossup, it's true that Dawson has never faced someone like Calzaghe, but Calzaghe has never fought someone like Dawson. There handspeed is about the same and so is their power (Dawson isn't really a power puncher) but what Dawson has over Calzaghe is combination punching, combined with his speed Calzaghe is going to get hit. And Dawson is skilled too, he's not just some volume puncher. I give the footspeed to Calzaghe, although Dawson is fast in his feet as well.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
      I rate Johnson highly but he is not the most multi dimensional fighter out there. And even then Dawson did not adapt as well and impressively as Calzaghe can and does adapt, or Hopkins for that matter. That's the point I'm making, it's nowhere near the level those guys do and would, so it would leave Dawson a step behind and losing. I also don't see signs he'll improve in that one area mentioned more than 10% in the new few years. But he could.
      Experience isn't everything, they just need to be experienced enough. Do I think Dawosn is experienced enough? Yes I do think he is, it's not all about experience, it's about if a young fighter can step up the challenge. And Dawson certainly di against Adamek, he faced adversity against Glen Johnson. Against Tarver Dawson improved enough and fix the mistakes he made against Johnson. People complain about his chin, yet he got hit by Johnson's hardest shots and was never knocked down, so no, Dawson doesn't have a bad chin.

Just remember Floyd Mayweather Jr. beat Genaro Hernandez in his 18th pro fight.
      Roy Jones Jr. beat James Toney when Toney was more experienced.
      Muhammad beat Sonny Liston in his 20th fight.
      Last edited by Boxingwizard; 11-13-2008, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X