Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner: I Want To Stop The Mayweather Comparisons

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only reason Floyd and Pac are superstars is because they participated in mega events with DLH and crossed over. Is it gonna take a Mayweather or Pacquaio fight for Broner to become the sport's next crossover star?

Comment

I personally think Broner should learn to shut his mouth in the ring. He quacks when he punches. My girlfriend started making fun of him halfway through the fight.

That was quite a showcase for him. He looked really good on offense stringing his punches together in the later rounds. I thought the fight was going to be a tougher challenge for him. He made me cringe a couple times during the post-fight interview with the "... I'm gonna make 'em eat it, no ****" stuff but whatever...

Comment

This is the same dim wit who said on Twitter that he doesn't mind when people mistake him for Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by davidw9785 View Post
          I personally think Broner should learn to shut his mouth in the ring. He quacks when he punches. My girlfriend started making fun of him halfway through the fight.
          Hahah that's embarassing.

Comment

He sure doesn't act like this is even a remote objective.

Comment

That was quite a showcase for him. He looked really good on offense stringing his punches together in the later rounds. I thought the fight was going to be a tougher challenge for him. He made me cringe a couple times during the post-fight interview with the "... I'm gonna make 'em eat it, no ****" stuff but whatever...
              The quacking isn't as noticeable in the bigger fights. In some of his earlier fights it was pretty ridiculous alright.

Comment

I pointed this same thing out to my buddy when we were at the Escobedo fight.
                Broner's hands are fast enough that even though he's probably slightly tipping his punches with the grunting, its probably not hurting him all that much. The biggest concern I have for Broner is that he fights with his mouth open. I've noticed it in several of his fights. If he's not careful, this little bad habit is gonna one day lead to a broken jaw, and potentially losing a fight because of it.

Comment

I don't necessarily like his attitude outside the ring, but in the ring this kid is gonna be something special. I like that he doesn't mind fighting when he needs to. The comparisons to Mayweather are going to be there I believe until he begins fighting more top level competition. Floyd's biggest criticism has been not fighting certain guys and or at the right times. If Broner takes on all comers and is as assertive and aggressive as he was with Demarco and continues winning, love or hate him he's gonna be hard to deny.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                    I pointed this same thing out to my buddy when we were at the Escobedo fight.
                    Broner's hands are fast enough that even though he's probably slightly tipping his punches with the grunting, its probably not hurting him all that much. The biggest concern I have for Broner is that he fights with his mouth open. I've noticed it in several of his fights. If he's not careful, this little bad habit is gonna one day lead to a broken jaw, and potentially losing a fight because of it.
                    Yeah that was exactly what I was thinking, he might end up in a Victor Ortiz type situation. Even in all the still photos posted to Bscene he has his mouth open hitting the mitts.

Comment

He's a good fighter, but i wasn't impressed by his performance last night. I don't know how good he'll be 5-10 years from now, but for those saying that he can beat JMM right now, i respectfully disagree.

Comment

Working...
                      X