Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So does this make Joe Calzaghe's win over Hopkins look even better?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crold1 View Post
    This moving target argument should go in the troll HOF. Hilarious. Dude, keep going.
    where in the video does it say hopkins lands a right hand? it shows it 3 times because it looks like he does but it doesnt land. just like when it looks like calzaghe is landing his slap furries they are slo-mo'd as well so you can see they aren't landing. seems pretty fair to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by flat1985 View Post
      No they realy dont only a few sour yanks
      Funny that u say that, and yet u guys made ery excuse in the world to not have a rematch. If he beat him once as u all claim to have seen, surely he'd beat him again when he's even older...

Comment

• sorry to rehash this but some guy claimed calzaghe "clearly" won round 6 and i went back and watched it. i kept track of all the clean effective punches and i'll even ignore some of the marginal shots hopkins landed and count some of the marginal ones calzaghe landed. unlike compubox i will ignore the rabbit punches and windmill punches to hopkins back since they aren't scoring areas. here goes!

hopkins-

body shot
        counter left
        jab-right hand both land clean
        2 right hands in a combination
        good right to the body
        looping right to the head
        great counter left hook
        straight right to the body

calzaghe-

left hand
        little right hook
        little left-no power just merely a touch more than anything
        tiny body shot in the clinch more of a tap than anything counting this is lol
        straight left
        slap furry to end the round looks nice but nothing seems to land clean but a rabbit punch or 2

final round analysis=

hopkins lands 10 clean solid connects with good steam on all of them
        calzaghe lands 5 clean solid connects with good steam on 3 of them

so being generous to calzaghe and not very generous to hopkins he is still outlanded by a 2 to 1 margin and hopkins punches have much more pop to them. if you count real honest to goodness effective power punches hopkins outlanded him by 3 to 1. why would calzaghe win the round? how much credit does a guy get just for coming forward? landing punches seems much more important since this is boxing.

clean punching-hopkins by far, defense-hopkins by far, effective aggression-hopkins by far. most people don't understand this one. it's not just being aggressive. calzaghe threw more and landed less. ineffective! ring generalship-pick either guy. calzaghe came forward/pushed hopkins back with hardly any success but hopkins went backwards and lured calzaghe into punches successfully.

conclusion= i see no possible way calzaghe can win this round even while being super generous to him. landed a lot more punches, punches had a lot more power on them, and he landed the best punch of the round a great eye catching counter left hook yet 2 of the official judges(possibly blind) gave it to him. oh the humanity! we can do this for at least 6 rounds in the fight and prove hopkins deserved to win. just to start he clearly won 5 out of the first 6 and the other one could have gone either way. hopkins won this fight. don't be fooled!
        Last edited by daggum; 12-22-2010, 05:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flo_Raiden View Post
          I think it just shows how good Calzaghe is. Hopkins ended up schooling Pavlik and Pascal after that loss.
          Calzaghe is a very bad style matchup for Nard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joartcc7 View Post
            Calzaghe is a very bad style matchup for Nard.
            he might have made him look tired toward the end of the fight but do the early rounds not count? i'm sure he was shocked to find out the judges were giving calzaghe rounds like round 2 and 3 when he didn't land anything clean and was completely dominated. weird!

Comment

• Bernard fought like a ***** that night. Did you seem him rolling around acting like a ***** diving like a football player?! I thought it was hilarious, he reaked of desperation that night. He's constantly been the dirtiest fighter in the sport but when somebody else gives him a bit of dirty fighting back he can't take it

I had Calzaghe winning a fairly clear UD in a very boring and scrappy fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Who are you? View Post
                Hopkins against Calzaghe was not a robbery
                Hopkisn was outlanded 2-to-1 accoridng to compubox
                This thread is bull****, it was a total robbery, Compubox figures are about as representative of the actual fight dynamics as weather reports are of real life.

Many of the press row pundits had the fight to Hopkins as well as one of the judges so all the BS about Calzaghe schooling Hopkins is inferior garbage. Calzaghe looked like he had been in a fight after the match Hopkins didnt have a mark on him.

Calzaghe through arm and blocked slaps all night landing **** all if you actually watch the fight and not be convinced by meaningless numbers in a compubox stat fest. Hopkins was landing cute little shots on the inside all night clearly the judges wanted the younger man to win.

Finally Calzaghes whole career is bull****, he hid in Europe until the greats of his time were old and past their prime....in short Calzaghe was a skillless coward.

Comment

• Originally posted by americanbot View Post
                  wait wait wait.....wait a bloody eyed minute.

the basic matter of it all is that you CAN NOT try to piggie back off of hopkins greatness in favor of calzaghe. calzaghe is no where NEAR to hopkins. hopkins is still fighting while calzaghe is retired even till this day for goodness sakes. calzaghe goes neck & neck with a out of prime b hop (which i had him losing that fight anyway lol) & now calzaghe deserves credit because hop schooled pavlik & pascal? how should calzaghe get credit when calzaghe didn't even really beat a out of prime hopkins HIMSELF! calzaghe was the only man down & hurt in that bout. even through it all. hopkins LITERALLY begged calzaghe for a rematch but joe refused. thats because joe knew he lost their first fight & was made to look like a amateur. he wanted NO MORE. again. HOW IN THE HELL DOES CALZAGHE DESERVE ANY CREDIT FOR HOPKINS BEING AS GREAT AS HE IS?

if hopkins beats pascal & pavlik thats HOPKINS accomplishments not calzaghes. calzaghe was also schooled by hopkins and refused a rematch.
                  GREAT post...green k!!!!!

Comment

• Calzaghe got taken to school

Comment

• Bump...

Comment

Working...
                      X