Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

some boxers still dont understand. you cant just SIMPLY win...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some boxers still dont understand. you cant just SIMPLY win...

some of these boxers dont understand the business side of boxing. you cant just SIMPLY win a fight. you have to win and be EXCITING. TV networks and fight fans don't give a damn if you can win a 12 round decision by boxing and moving all night especially if you're an up and coming fighter. you dont attract new fans by jabbing, clinching, moving all night to a victory. look at what happened to clottey after the pacquiao bout. he now realizes how much he ****ed up.

klitschko, ggg, kovalev, canelo dont need to talk much. they can let their fists do all the talking. but guys like malignaggi and mayweather who arent able to excite fans inside the ring excited them outside the ring by having a motor mouth at media pressers and by talking a lot of smack towards their opponents..

lara, rigo, andre ward and all up and coming fighters should enroll in an evening course in marketing 101.

the phenomenon of floyd mayweather kind of contradicts your point

people want to see the best, period

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post

Mayweather was exciting for the majority of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
        Mayweather was exciting for the majority of his career.
        i don't think his performance against jesus chavez factored into people's decision to purchase his fight with robert guerrero. seeing the best do what they do best is what fascinates sports fans. mayweather's character only matters because of how good he is at boxing - no one would care otherwise

Comment

I watch Malignaggi over Klitchko any day of the week

Comment

Floyd made that happen outside of the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
              Floyd made that happen outside of the ring.
              as i said, that stuff wouldn't matter if he didn't have the talent to back it up. people tune in to mayweather for the same reason they tuned in to fc barcelona circa 2010-2011. people overestimate mayweather's persona. he's not even particularly charismatic

Comment

Everyone is different. Whitaker made millions, Floyd made millions, Chavez made millions, Pac made millions, Hopkins made millions, Cotto made millions, Wlad made millions, Tyson made millions.

Every single one of them is a completely different fighter with a completely different personality. The one thing they all have in common is that they were good.
                Last edited by -PBP-; 06-14-2015, 12:18 PM.

Comment

as i said, that stuff wouldn't matter if he didn't have the talent to back it up. people tune in to mayweather for the same reason they tuned in to fc barcelona circa 2010-2011. people overestimate mayweather's persona. he's not even particularly charismatic
                  I think he's socially awkward and has zero charisma. His act is very contrived. I agree with you though people want to see the best, his fights are big events and put together very well.

Comment

People wanna see floyd lose. He knows that,so he only fights fights he cant lose in. He picks his opponent,he doesnt fight who the fans want until the opponent is no longer a threat.

Comment

Working...
                    X