No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jose Torres Inks With Lewkowicz, Could Face Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jose Torres Inks With Lewkowicz, Could Face Martinez

Sampson Lewkowicz of Sampson Boxing is proud to announce that Colombian middleweight power puncher Jose Miguel "Mochuelito" Torres (26-5, 23 KOs) has signed an exclusive multiyear promotional agreement with Sampson Boxing LLC.

33-year-old Torres is probably best known for his NABO and NABF title-winning KO 6 over previously undefeated Patrick Majewski last November. Torres' brother, Ricardo, is a former junior welterweight world champion.
    [Click Here To Read More]

God no, don't let this happen.

Comment

yeah that would be awful.

Martinez has 3 or 4 fights left, quite wasting our time.

I'm a huge Martinez fan but WTF why not fight GGG

Comment

This is just being put out there so when he settles for Murray, people will say at least it wasn't Torres. Also heard Kerry hope and domenico spade were being considered....Europes cash cows, obviously can outdraw Golovkin

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
          yeah that would be awful.

Martinez has 3 or 4 fights left, quite wasting our time.

I'm a huge Martinez fan but WTF why not fight GGG
          cause if dibella is going to risk the best fighter he's got, it has to be with someone that'll make tons of money. sadly golovkin doesn't make tons of money. it sucks, but that's the way boxing is sometimes. blame the promoters cause it's guys like lou dibella that won't even consider negotiating with golovkin.
          i don't mind martinez taking a tuneup or easy fight after coming off surgery, and against someone like murray, that isn't that bad. this guy torres or spada would be though. i don't think hbo would approve of such a fight. imo these are just names sampson and lou are throwing out to the public to make it seem like murray isn't a done deal. every promoter does this before announcing a fight.
          hopefully after april or whenever martinez is suppose have his fight in argentina, someone like quillin, pirog, golovkin, geale, or alvarez would happen next. i think cotto/alvarez happens after cotto/trout if cotto wins, so maybe the winner of that could face martinez if mayweather doesn't get to them first, but who knows. i just hope it's not a chavez jr rematch, which seems likely at the moment. if that happens, i honestly wouldn't know what to say about martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            Sampson Lewkowicz of Sampson Boxing is proud to announce that Colombian middleweight power puncher Jose Miguel "Mochuelito" Torres (26-5, 23 KOs) has signed an exclusive multiyear promotional agreement with Sampson Boxing LLC.

33-year-old Torres is probably best known for his NABO and NABF title-winning KO 6 over previously undefeated Patrick Majewski last November. Torres' brother, Ricardo, is a former junior welterweight world champion.
            [Click Here To Read More]
            I didn't know that signing with Leckowkicz automatically put you on Martinez's list. This must be the first fighter he's signed because I haven't seen this before.

Seriously, this news has nothing to do with Martinez; it's a textbook example of yellow journalism. The author pulled this info from his ass. It's okay, don't sign the article or anything...
            Last edited by Juanma9; 11-13-2012, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X