No announcement yet.

Gerorge Foreman: Wlad won't leave much of a legacy in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    This is a fair assessment and you're right. But calling me a troll was out of line and could lead others to just assume that when it isn't true. K bros are something I am genuinely interested in at the moment and I've had some good conversations with open minded fans even if we've disagreed.

You and the rest of the forum have my apology for letting myself be brought down to their level. Im not going to stop posting what I believe, but I will try harder to avoid the BS. Peace.
    Jab, when was Wladimir's prime and when was his physical prime? Do you regard these two as different? If so, do you think they coincided?

I just need a clarification on your position, since it's been brought up again just now.

Comment

• Big George ko1 Wlad.

Comment

This is a fair assessment and you're right. But calling me a troll was out of line and could lead others to just assume that when it isn't true. K bros are something I am genuinely interested in at the moment and I've had some good conversations with open minded fans even if we've disagreed.

You and the rest of the forum have my apology for letting myself be brought down to their level. Im not going to stop posting what I believe, but I will try harder to avoid the BS. Peace.
        Eat a sumo salad, fat boy. You got spanked and you can't take it, end of story.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChopperRead View Post
          Eat a sumo salad, fat boy. You got spanked and you can't take it, end of story.
          He posted facts, try and refute them. Go on.

Comment

• Originally posted by -D33Pwaters- View Post
            He posted facts, try and refute them. Go on.
            He posted a ton of opinions, similar to what you do. The problem is that you and him are too ignorant to know the difference. Which makes speaking to either of you pointless.

Oh and one more thing. Ali is probably the most overrated fighter of all time. I bet if Wladimir started saying he was the greatest of all time constantly and beats bums from here on out, by the time he retires, people will start to believe it as well.

Joe Louis craps all over Ali and would have knocked him out cold had they ever faced one another.

Vitali would have beat the piss out of any version of Ali.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
              He posted a ton of opinions, similar to what you do. The problem is that you and him are too ignorant to know the difference. Which makes speaking to either of you pointless.

Oh and one more thing. Ali is probably the most overrated fighter of all time. I bet if Wladimir started saying he was the greatest of all time constantly and beats bums from here on out, by the time he retires, people will start to believe it as well.

Joe Louis craps all over Ali and would have knocked him out cold had they ever faced one another.

My opinions are backed by facts. Its a fact Wlad fought a timid fight vs Haye not willing to throw combo's or work the body to slow him down. Its a fact Haye was only throwing one telegraphed punch at a time giving Wlad opening if he had chose to employ body work and combinations. Its a fact Emanuel Steward was frustrated with the way Wlad fought. Its a fact neither Klit has fought the level of competition Ali did. Its a fact most knowledgeable boxing writers, trainers, historians etc. believe this is the weakest heavyweight era ever. Its a fact athletes reflexes start to dull in their 30's which is why most retire around that time. I can go on but there is no point to it. The reason you and others cannot see these things is because you don't want to. You don't want the image you have spoiled by reality.

Comment

These clowns are hilarious. They keep bleating about wanting "facts," but then when you give them facts that contradict their dumb generalizations -- like them saying there are no athletes who have a "prime" after their mid-20s-- they just get pissed off and start name-calling.

As I told them, Andre Agassi won the majority of his 8 grand slams after turning 29, which according to these nitwits is impossible. Agassi was #1 in the world as late as age 33. Dirk Nowitzki just has his finest all-around season and playoff, and was named MVP of the playoffs, at age 33, again something that according to these morons can't happen because he's too far past his "prime." And then there's Wladimir. And so on.

So you are correct: it's a total waste of time talking to these bozos. I have one of them on ignore and the only thing the other one who can't be put on ignore will get from now on is insults, because that is all he understands.
                Last edited by ChopperRead; 07-19-2011, 10:29 PM.

Comment

My opinions are backed by facts. Its a fact Wlad fought a timid fight vs Haye not willing to throw combo's or work the body to slow him down. Its a fact Haye was only throwing one telegraphed punch at a time giving Wlad opening if he had chose to employ body work and combinations. Its a fact Emanuel Steward was frustrated with the way Wlad fought. Its a fact neither Klit has fought the level of competition Ali did. Its a fact most knowledgeable boxing writers, trainers, historians etc. believe this is the weakest heavyweight era ever. Its a fact athletes reflexes start to dull in their 30's which is why most retire around that time. I can go on but there is no point to it. The reason you and others cannot see these things is because you don't want to. You don't want the image you have spoiled by reality.
                  Eat a sumo salad, you fat tub of ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChopperRead View Post
                    As I told them, Andre Agassi won the majority of his 8 grand slams after turning 29, which according to these nitwits is impossible. Agassi was #1 in the world as late as age 33. Dirk Nowitzki just has his finest all-around season and playoff, and was named MVP of the playoffs, at age 33, again something that according to these morons can't happen because he's too far past his "prime." And then there's Wladimir. And so on.
                    This does not disprove the FACT that athletes start slipping physically in their 30's. If it did you could answer why you rarely see Olympic sprinters in their 30's.

Comment

And he's used facts to support them. The problem is you are to stubborn and stupid to acknowledge them.

Ali's greatness speaks for itself and is not determined by your BS. BTW which bums are you referring to?

He lost to the only HOF he ever faced, him being old and out of shape too.
                      Last edited by Vadrigar.; 07-20-2011, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X